• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new server

lorazepam said:
are we on the new server yet? Just wondered, since the speed hasn't really changed much.

Nope. Knary is out on vacation and we'll swap it over when he gets back. Watch for a new look on the main pages, along with better speed. Most of the site is ready to go, but we want to make sure all hands are on deck when we flip the switch.

Believe me, the new server makes this forum fly!

MarkF said:
Yes it has - it's gotten slower.

that's my experience too. I think we've regularly had 150 or so folks online lately.

In another couple of weeks you should see some major improvment.

Yup, it has been a lot more people on the forum since the Rally. When we are on the new server, you will know! :clap

Are we there yet?

Any target date for the new setup? This connection seems to run slower every day. Thought I was back on dial up. Just about to give up.

Any day now. I think everybody's back from vacation and ready to pull the trigger.

You may experience a day or two of outage as the DNS records populate and repoint the www.bmwmoa.org address to a new server.

Don't be alarmed, it's normal.

And thanks for your patience. It makes me nuts sometimes.

dave

It is humming along pretty good on the testing server ready to be cut over. One of the other things is that we are going to be updating the forum software during the process as well as doing the user checks that KBasa keeps talking about. We just want to make sure all the ones and zeroes are flowing properly.

Also since the team is all volunteer, we have to do our day jobs first. Or at least we are supposed to.

This late breaking bulletin

I didn't think you were pushing, but someone broke the server today....

Actually there was a small SQL hiccup today the Knary fixed to get us back on the air.

Back