Thread: which dealer/city?

Question which dealer/city?

I also have a related thread in "campfire," ( titled 'MY canada w/question at end') which explains my situ in more detail, but here's my Q for you western staters:

If you were considering shipping your bike from Chicago to any of the following cities; Fresno, Boise, Vancouver,BC, Edmonton, or Calgary, to which dealer would you ship based on helpfulness, courtesy, willingness to be generally helpful to someone who's not likely to ever be a big$ customer?

Here's another: If I manage to sell my R11RT before I leave Chicago in March, and fly into any of those cities...I'll travel to each in turn, where would you look for a reliable used Jap bike to ride thru the Canadian Rockies thru the summer and early fall?

Riding from Chicago to anywhere out there is out of the question. I must first fly to San Antonio and then must fly to Fresno.

Go ahead, opine!
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

If you were to ship to Calgary, I'd skip the dealer and talk to Dave at Anderweks. His is an independent BMW shop here in Calgary where you'll likely get a more personal level of service for what you want to do.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

I've heard good things about Shail's in the Vancouver suburbs:

http://shailsmotorcycles.com/
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!