• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sunrise to Sunset Insanity; Watt was I thinking

THANK you. Thank YOU. THANK YOU!

:clap:clap

Amazing ride and wonderful story telling. I love how you can be in the moment with so much else on your mind.

Voni
sMiling
:groovy:groovy:groovy

Damage assessment

The left saddle bag is basically toast.

BikeHome17-XL.jpg

BikeHome18-XL.jpg

The upper fairing is badly damaged.

BikeHome13-XL.jpg

BikeHome14-XL.jpg

I had a lot of oil to clean up from the belly pan. I still need to replace the rear main seal. I'll get to it around June.

BikeHome3-XL.jpg

BikeHome2-XL.jpg

This is how the EZ-Pass worked perfectly.

BikeHome15-XL.jpg

Lost a bolt that held the rear fender on.

BikeHome12-XL.jpg

The oil caddy was made un-square from a left side drop. It was easy to bent back to a squarish shape.

BikeHome8-XL.jpg

BikeHome9-XL.jpg

10,000+ miles on PR2's

Rear

BikeHome11-XL.jpg

Front

BikeHome10-XL.jpg

Of course the damaged J&M switch.

Drake54-XL.jpg

And the MIA belly pan bracket.

PhilsAshes70-XL.jpg

Overall I have to say the bike faired very well with the exception of all the dropped damage, and even with that abuse I still stand by the fact these old K-bikes are about as bullet-proof as anything on two wheels.

Ride it like you stole it!

-Shogs

You sure nailed it. I can't tell you how many times my 23 year old K75S has caused people to ask "Is that the new BMW?"

Our very lowest maintenance bikes are the K75s!

Voni
sMiling

Thanks Voni.

K-bike love is life long for those whom these bikes speak to.

I have zero desire to buy or own any other bike.
Well, I do want to own a K75 and a K100...:whistle

:hide

Back