Thread: Noob in Indiana

Noob in Indiana

Hi Guys. Old rider, new member here. Been riding since '67 and BMW'ing since 86. Started on an R80 and currently have a 78 R100/7, 80 R65, 82 R65LS and an 85 K100. I had one oilhead when they came out in the 90's, but always seemed to return to the airheads. The K100 is this winter's project. First K I've ever had...

I'm not terribly interested in the new stuff, although I can appreciate why people are. A bit big and flashy for my tastes. We are looking at a G650GS for my girlfriend that currently rides a Ninja, though.

Looking forward to brain-picking the old bike experts. I've been fairly lucky that I haven't had any major problems with any Beemer I've had, but that can't last...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanmt View Post
    Looking forward to brain-picking the old bike experts. I've been fairly lucky that I haven't had any major problems with any Beemer I've had, but that can't last...
    Who you call old?? Sometimes that can be the start of a new "relationship", bonding with your bike! Anyway, welcome to the forum and check out the Garage area where you can ask your wrenching questions...should you get to that point.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Who you call old?? Sometimes that can be the start of a new "relationship", bonding with your bike! Anyway, welcome to the forum and check out the Garage area where you can ask your wrenching questions...should you get to that point.
    I like the bikes I have now, so the Garage area will probably be my favorite hangout (both figuratively and literally). I know these things can be rock solid, but I also know they can't last forever. Knowing nothing about the K bikes, I expect this will be an interesting winter....