• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A pictorial and a story of the MOA Rally!

jimvonbaden

Kool Aid Dispenser!
02-diner-stop-bikes.jpg

Old and new GSÔÇÖ.

02-diner-stop-blokes.jpg

Breakfast on the first day in beautiful West Virginia!

02-bridge-lake-picture2.jpg

From a lake in my future home state of WV! Beautiful!

02-Sonar-bridge.jpg

Sonar crossing the bridge, way behind us, over that lake.

02-Dwight-and-bike.jpg

Dwight in his matching outfit.

Continued...

02-hotel-parking.jpg

Our Hotel, welcome to the KnightÔÇÖs Inn, where you are treated like crap, made to pay double your reserved price, and stay in substandard rooms! Basically it totally sucked, but it was better, barely, than camping in the heat and storms.

02-Beamerville-sign.jpg

Our first view of the Rally!

01-Bike-flip-01.jpg

My appreciation of my bike, and a salute to ADVRiders!

01-Yellow-Luggage.jpg

This guy was a deaf mute traveling the world, and bumming money and support wherever he could! More power to him!

02-Airhead-and-bike-trailer.jpg

Very cool, and proof that one bike can tow another.

continued...

02-Farfromnormal-sidecar-bi.jpg

I loved the play of words in labeling this bike.

02-Dwight-Yellow-Envy.jpg

Dwight is obsessed with yellow, and had serious bag envy on these bags.

02-diner-w-blokes3.jpg

Yet another dinner, with beer no less! We were walking though!

02-Custom-Cruiser.jpg

The odd but cool were everywhere! This R cruiser had a GS tank, and RT fenders fitted front to back to make a new front style.

02Craqsh-Bike.jpg

This cool two wheel drive scooter could drive up a telephone pole. Unfortunately if got away from him later and drove over him and two parked bikes. Major damage to the bikes, and bad road rash for the owner. It was a hell of a sight to see though.

continued....

02-Cop-HD-Trike.jpg

Sweet Cop Trike.

02-Chrome-K-Bike.jpg

02-Chrome-K-2.jpg

02-Chrome-K-1.jpg

One awesome K bike all chromed out.

02-C1.jpg

A very nice yellow scooter. I thought Dwight was going to go epileptic!

02-BMWQ-Car-Grill.jpg

Now this is a creative use of an old BMW Car grill. Notice how it makes the old look like the new RT next to it?

continued.....

01-Bike-fix-02.jpg

01-Bike-fix-01.jpg

Of course my final drive picked the rally to die. But what better place to do it. John TM from the ADVRider forum was very cool in not only providing a loaner, but also the tools to change it including a tent, generator, heat gun and sockets. Plus a certifiable audience!

01-Pink-Nookie.jpg

Too cute, and a friend of Nancy (Hello Kitty)

02-diner-w-blokes2.jpg

More food! We ate well, even though it was sooooooo hot out.

02-Chuck-wrench-fear.jpg

Chuck in real fear of his bike. Can you tell he doesnÔÇÖt wrench much?

Seriously, he was getting his K12LT Remused!

02-Anton-Seminar.jpg

Anton gave a very popular seminar on Oilheads! Nicely done Anton!

02-VW-Cruiser.jpg

Sweet kit bike cruiser with a VW engine.

continued...

02-Strange.jpg

Apparently this was a factory optioned bike?

02-Shark-Bike.jpg

DwightÔÇÖs favorite!

02-rat-bike.jpg

Mike EÔÇÖs favorite!

02-ridden-bike.jpg

Very nice old bike that actually got ridden to the rally.

02-Red-and-White-RS-Airhead.jpg

One very hot custom Airhead RS!
02-rows-of-RTs.jpg

I love this shot of new RTs!

02-R1150-GS-with-mermites.jpg

This bike seemed to have it all for storage. Mermite cans and some very unique hard tank bags. Very cool.

02-R11S-Paint.jpg

Sweet color changing paint on this R1100RS.

02-R1.jpg

A very rare R1 in beautiful shape.

02-K-Cruiser2.jpg

02-K-Cruiser.jpg

This K cruiser was done using a K75 as a base, but everything had been reworked with true cruiser looking parts right down to the peanut tank and forward controls.

02-K12RS-Bike.jpg

This was a unique bike with a home-made bike rack built on. The foot peg on the right was also part of the bike rack.

02-Guzi.jpg

A very clean Guzzi. Like that Walt?

02-GS-Bedliner.jpg

Bedliner paint on a gas tank, very cool, right Mike B?

02-Heavy-Parking.jpg

The parking lot near the vendors on Saturday afternoon! I could barely get my bike out!

Overall it was an awesome rally with a record 7400 participants. I look forward to next year when we not only have a rally close again, but up in the mountains of Vermont where it is definitely going to be both cooler, and have better riding!

Jim :brow

Thanks for the pics Jim. You were one of the folks I wanted to meet, and didnt get the chance to.
Too bad you got ride of that really good bike for that ugly beaked thing, but I guess you can get by on that one :D

Great pics Jim.....Almost like I was there.....Ok, I was, but I missed some of the bikes you got pics of....Thanks!!! Sorry I did not get to meet you at the Rally...maybe next year.

Thanks for the pics

I was at the rally Jim, but I didn't see several of these bikes. Thanks for posting the pics! Sorry you had a bad hotel experience--the one I stayed in (Days Inn) treated everybody pretty well and charged the stated amount. I hope I can make it to Vermont next year. The trip up there and the stay in the area should afford some great riding.

Bob

BradfordBenn said:
Sorry about that, there is always time to talk about Bikes.

No problem! I know you had a lot going on!

Jim :brow

PS Anyone know where I can get an R1100GS Final Drive?

Can You Post An Airial Photo? I Know One Was Posted --would Love To Print One Out.

Thanks

Bob Simpson

Back