• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2013 R1200RT Symbol?

xlarry

Larry
I just noticed an extra symbol on my screen. Next to "BC" there is < ! >. See picture.

I looked through the Owner's Manual and couldn't find anything about it. Can someone tell me what it means?

Also, what does "BC" stand for? Bike Computer?

Thanks

Attachments

• Symbols_small.jpg
    Symbols_small.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 257
check your oil level...

found on page 3-26 of the 2013 Owner's Manual and it refers to page 3-30

no idea of what the BC stands for...

wyman

+1 on On-board computer.:thumb Technically in German it's "Bord Computer" and repeatedly pressing the BC button brings you through each of the available readouts. Once you get to one which is resettable (like MPG), then holding the BC button in resets it to "0" for that part of the display. BMW 4-wheelers use the same terminology for the same function.

That "BC" is one of the many worthless things about the display. So much goofy junk/symbols ; I really dislike my RT's display.
Especially anything to do with that subscription audio package, and selecting stations.
But really....something as important as oil is ... (!) Give me a honda or yamaha design anytime.

13R12RT

That "BC" is one of the many worthless things about the display. So much goofy junk/symbols ; I really dislike my RT's display.
Especially anything to do with that subscription audio package, and selecting stations.
But really....something as important as oil is ... (!) Give me a honda or yamaha design anytime.

13R12RT

I really like the display. I am not crazy about changing channels with the wheel but usually just listen to Sirius 50s on 5. I would have thought the low oil warning would have been in the top part of the screen where it displays low fuel....but perhaps there is a good reason for that. I DO like it warning me of low oil.

In any case, it is a terrific bike!

I doesn't come up yellow because it's not critical. It usually disapears when your riding because it monitors the oil pressure in the engine, not the level.
When the engine idles, the oil pressure goes down and it will make the warning come up.
You're only missing about 1/2 a quart out of 4.
It warns you that you should check your oil level but you don't need to start panicking.

I like that feature even though I check my oil level regularly.

Back