• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Daytona - Bike Week

R1100rtp

Haven't been to Bike Week for a few years, and was wondering if there's still a "BMW" campground. We used to really enjoy Bulow and the Space Coasters events. I've also been to Holiday when B-Cubed organized an event. Haven't heard anything about it for awhile, and don't see anything in the Owners' News.

Anyone????

Daytona Bike Week

I went last year. The campground is still there but I did not see any local BMW Club Hosting. They used to have a tent with coffee, snacks, and T-Shirts.

Daytona Bike Week

I am also interested in camping with like minded bike owners that don't believe straight pipes is the way to get from 68 HP to 70 HP. Been thinking about going to first bike week now that I am retired.
Ken Denton

Daytona Bike Week

Haven't been to Bike Week for a few years, and was wondering if there's still a "BMW" campground. We used to really enjoy Bulow and the Space Coasters events. I've also been to Holiday when B-Cubed organized an event. Haven't heard anything about it for awhile, and don't see anything in the Owners' News.

Anyone????
The last time it was advertised was feb 2012 by Florida airhead beemers club (flairheads.org). I was there.
Was not advertised in 2013 or 2014. It was a shadow of what it use to be. There was no separation from the "loud pipes as promised by Holiday T P. No venders I was told because of
severely increased vender fees. I assume you could camp there and hope for some bmw riders (and friends of) to be there. As for me, still a good place to leave trailer after leaving and
returning to Pennsylvania blizzards. I can tolerate about two days of the loud pipes to go to J Bs fish camp (New Smyrna beach) for seafood lunch. then ....Off to the Keys for ten days
of riding, cigars, margaritas and conch.

The last time it was advertised was feb 2012 by Florida airhead beemers club (flairheads.org). I was there.
Was not advertised in 2013 or 2014. It was a shadow of what it use to be. There was no separation from the "loud pipes as promised by Holiday T P. No venders I was told because of
severely increased vender fees. I assume you could camp there and hope for some bmw riders (and friends of) to be there. As for me, still a good place to leave trailer after leaving and
returning to Pennsylvania blizzards. I can tolerate about two days of the loud pipes to go to J Bs fish camp (New Smyrna beach) for seafood lunch. then ....Off to the Keys for ten days
of riding, cigars, margaritas and conch.

Daytona Bike Week

I agree with your statements about the noise and I saw no effort on behalf of the campground to segregate the loud from the un-loud and trust me it did get loud in the middle of the night when the bar hoppers arrived back to the campground.
My wife and I have camped there maybe 8 or 9 times over the years. They used to put a small colored dot on your headlight to signify you had paid so you could go in and out of the campground easily. I believe they used to give out the plastic wristbands but we never bothered with them and never had any issues until last year. The campground decided to make it mandatory that the writstbands be worn at all times. (At least it was mandatory to us). Anyway, my wife being herself decided that she did not like the wristband and was not going to wear it. It was cheesy plastic and she said it rashed her wrist. This caused a stink with management and suffice it to say the next time we entered the campground she was forbidden entrance until she put on the wristband, even though they knew who she was. Well, she eventually put it on and the rest of the trip was not a lot of fun for me, if you know what I mean.
Even though I like to camp on my bike trips, I seriously doubt that I will return to that campground. It really isn't the same place it was when BMW hosted it.

Just Announced Last Week......Daytona Campout is BACK

BMW?s At Daytona Bike Week: The Florida Airhead Beemer Club (FLAirheads) and the BMWNEF club #42 will be setting up a small hospitality area for the duration of Bike Week (March 7-16) for anyone who wants to drop in regardless of what they are riding. Coffee, soft drinks and camaraderie like always but afraid we won?t have T Shirts this year due to the late decision. We will be at our traditional spot at the Holiday Travel Park Coop, corner of I-95 and Old Dixie Highway (exit 278). If you want to camp there tent and RV spaces are available with lowered prices. Tents are $16 per night but RV?s need to call the Holiday Travel Park Office at 386-437-4454 to get rates and availability. Information on what the park offers is at holidaytravelparkco-op.com. Contact Bob Messer at 321-258-4700 (bobmesser@att.net) or Larry Meeker at 904-612.6683 (saddlesore904@comcast.net) for information on the FLAirhead hospitality area.

There is very affordable camping in the speedway's infield, with showers and restrooms.

According to the speedway, camping is free when you buy a ticket to the 200.

There is a ton of room there, I bet it's possible to have an impromptu beemer area.

While I like the FLairheads, I simply cannot stand that Holiday Park place.

Ian

I am also interested in camping with like minded bike owners that don't believe straight pipes is the way to get from 70 HP to 65 HP. Been thinking about going to first bike week now that I am retired.
Ken Denton

There, all fixed for ya..........:brow

BMW?s At Daytona Bike Week: The Florida Airhead Beemer Club (FLAirheads) and the BMWNEF club #42 will be setting up a small hospitality area for the duration of Bike Week (March 7-16) for anyone who wants to drop in regardless of what they are riding. Coffee, soft drinks and camaraderie like always but afraid we won?t have T Shirts this year due to the late decision. We will be at our traditional spot at the Holiday Travel Park Coop, corner of I-95 and Old Dixie Highway (exit 278). If you want to camp there tent and RV spaces are available with lowered prices. Tents are $16 per night but RV?s need to call the Holiday Travel Park Office at 386-437-4454 to get rates and availability. Information on what the park offers is at holidaytravelparkco-op.com. Contact Bob Messer at 321-258-4700 (bobmesser@att.net) or Larry Meeker at 904-612.6683 (saddlesore904@comcast.net) for information on the FLAirhead hospitality area.

Well being as there is no longer an HD dealer actually in Daytona Beach anymore but there is a BMW dealer.........:brow

Back