• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The official Ask Kevin Anything About The Twin Cities thread

Just for fun drop into Matt's and tell them they spelled it wrong and that you know that it is true because you read it on the internet. :rofl

Looks like you got me there!

http://mattsbar.com/

I guess there's a bit of controversy as to who invented it and the spelling...again from the Internet!

The Juicy Lucy burger was invented in a south Minneapolis bar sometime in the 1950s, and depending on who you talk to, that was either the 5-8 Club, who serve the Juicy Lucy, or Matt's Bar, who make the Jucy Lucy, and let customers know that "if it's spelled correctly, you're at the wrong place".

How easy is it to get to the Twins game? I noticed they are in town the week of the rally, and I love visiting new (to me) parks. Is there bike parking set aside? Or would you recommend public transit?
Thank you!
We have a good public transportation system. Bus line right outside the Fairground which will take you to light rail, light rail goes right to Target Field. There's limited motorcycle parking near Target Field as well. I always take the train. Besides, you can get a better view of the Twin Cities, instead of concentrating on riding/driving.
-K

twins game

How easy is it to get to the Twins game? I noticed they are in town the week of the rally, and I love visiting new (to me) parks. Is there bike parking set aside? Or would you recommend public transit?
Thank you!

You could ride the bus from the fairgrounds to Target Field. A #3 A or B bus will take you without any transfers. $1.75 to $2.25 depend on rush hour or not. It would be about a 34 minute trip. The park is wonderful, in my opinion.

Thank you!

Minnesota Saints play on Wed and Thursday nights of the rally at Midway Stadium less than a mile and a half away from the rally.

Agreed. The Saints are a lot of fun and where else can you watch a baseball game while getting a haircut, a massage, or from the comfort of a hot tub?
-K

Did you ride your F650 on the Trans Minnesota Adventure Trail (TMAT)? What areas did you like best? Is this your favorite dual sport route from the cities to Duluth?

I did the eastern ride by GPS and feel I would like to ride some more in that area. Any suggestions.

Giving this a bump as I'd like to hear any comments on the TMAT myself. This is the first year that I have an adventure bike, (F700GS) and I'd like to arrive a week early and attempt some part of the trail..... So, anyone out there with TMAT experience willing to share would be surely appreciated....Also, will there be a GS Giant meeting place somewhere before the rally, like the one before Salem, where folks met up and rode some trials together?

Rally wine?

So will one of the St Croix based wineries be providing a local specialty commemorative for the 14 rally? I imagine that it would be good to pull together a MN wineries ride to go with the Beer Ride already underway.

So will one of the St Croix based wineries be providing a local specialty commemorative for the 14 rally? I imagine that it would be good to pull together a MN wineries ride to go with the Beer Ride already underway.

We haven't really checked into a rally wine. Unfortunately, Salem wine sales weren't as great as expected. Don't want to "whine", but we may still have leftovers.

Is there any thought of a SS ride to the rally as in Bend and Salem? An instate SS? Just trying to plan out my summer.

thanks
bob

Back