• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NHTSA and Triumph Recall ID No. 13V608000

mika

Still Wondering
Triumph and NHTSA Recall ID No. 13V608000
Dated: DEC 03, 2013 Triumph Motorcycles America Ltd (Triumph) is recalling certain model year 2013 Trophy SE motorcycles manufactured June 1, 2012, through February 28, 2013. In the affected motorcycles, the left hand

I know some of you ride Trumpets

Triumph and NHTSA Recall ID No. 13V608000
Dated: DEC 03, 2013 Triumph Motorcycles America Ltd (Triumph) is recalling certain model year 2013 Trophy SE motorcycles manufactured June 1, 2012, through February 28, 2013. In the affected motorcycles, the left hand

I know some of you ride Trumpets

And this was worthy of a Safety Administration recall requirement?????

Good thing we have the government watching out for our every interest !!

And this was worthy of a Safety Administration recall requirement?????

Good thing we have the government watching out for our every interest !!

What if your new bike fell over and was damaged, did damage to another persons property or worse caused an injury to another because of a factory defect. You would think a recall was in order then I bet.

Or if the centerstand separated as you leaned into a 60 mph curve?

And yes, it is a good thing the government is watching out for us. BMW sure would be recalling their fuel pump leakers on their own. Or GM's defective ignition switches.

What if your new bike fell over and was damaged, did damage to another persons property or worse caused an injury to another because of a factory defect. You would think a recall was in order then I bet.

Like what happened on my 06 R12RT. The left side center stand pivot bolt bracket sheared in half and the 2 pieces separated as I was hoisting it up to fill up at the gas station. Fortunately, I had the side stand down which caught the bike as it fell over towards me and the gas pumps. It could have been interesting if the side stand had not been down to catch the fall. Took about 15 minutes of kicking, tugging and much swearing to get the center stand and side stand pulled apart so I could get back on the road.

I would be interested to hear why Jimmylee,you think this recall is bogus. Seems pretty fundamental to me.Why does BMW create some defective products?

Back