• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2013: The Report

tourunigo

Happy New Year!! To start off the new year I thought a little pre-report video may be a good start (turn up the sound for soundtrack). Stay tuned for the written/photo report..... - Bob

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0DPlRSHtqXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Happy New Year Salty Fog Riders.....

:groovy......:hungover........:hug

I'm with Tom....neat video to get the year roll'n....and for planning purposes, it's only about 235 days till the ride toward Tor Bay to kick off

the 14 FOG ! Not that I'm wishing away 8 months.....but Mary's special soup would be welcomed about now! Thank's for the "bowl" shot Bob.

Travel'n John... & sometmes Dara
13 R12RT . SFR vet of 11 & 12..... Hoping for 3 bikes & 3 years of Salty adventure. :brow

Fantastic.

Looking forward to the '14 SFR.

Gonna meet Paul somewhere in the US and ride there together.

Get ready for a Tour....

Professor Paul, while disguised as a motorcycle enthusiast....leaps into action as the scholar when the helmet comes off!
The guy knows history, neat stuff, & cool places. Bud, allow about 7 days from Ft Henry / Boldt Castle in the Thousand Islands (NY) region
across Quebec, via Gaspe... to the Bay of Fundy (where I first met Paul!) Bring money!

Travel'n John....aka "three bowl" vicinity Guysborough Co, NS
13 R12RT SFRR alumni .:ca

Nice video to wake up with in 2014!

Thanks Tom. Of course a multitude of things have not been included in this clip but the report itself will (hopefully) fill in the blanks. Fun little video to do though (albeit with very modest software). Huge thanks go to members Tom/Mary and Paul/Shorti for the actual video action contribution. Maybe this year a News article will make its way to Vince and crew :thumb - Bob

:groovy......:hungover........:hug

I'm with Tom....neat video to get the year roll'n....and for planning purposes, it's only about 235 days till the ride toward Tor Bay to kick off

the 14 FOG ! Not that I'm wishing away 8 months.....but Mary's special soup would be welcomed about now! Thank's for the "bowl" shot Bob.

Travel'n John... & sometmes Dara
13 R12RT . SFR vet of 11 & 12..... Hoping for 3 bikes & 3 years of Salty adventure. :brow

.....and as you can see John, your bowl remains as you left it.....uh.....washed though. - Bob

Professor Paul, while disguised as a motorcycle enthusiast....leaps into action as the scholar when the helmet comes off!
The guy knows history, neat stuff, & cool places. Bud, allow about 7 days from Ft Henry / Boldt Castle in the Thousand Islands (NY) region
across Quebec, via Gaspe... to the Bay of Fundy (where I first met Paul!) Bring money!

All was well till you mentioned the money. I thought Paul was one of those BMW camper/frugal guys who knew that money was, sometime, an object! :)

Paul was kind enough, a couple of years ago, to turn around and come back the the ambulance, to see if I was OK.

We will travel well together.

Fantastic.

Looking forward to the '14 SFR.

Gonna meet Paul somewhere in the US and ride there together.

Thanks Bud! We look forward to you and Paul joining us for 2014. Judging by some communications that we have had, our 7th year is shaping up to have many new and alumni participants this year.:dance - Bob

You talking about me, Travel'n John????? Naw, must be someone else. :laugh :laugh :dunno:laugh

Thanks Bud! We look forward to you and Paul joining us for 2014. Judging by some communications that we have had, our 7th year is shaping up to have many new and alumni participants this year.:dance - Bob

Gonna get Three Bowl John to come back in '14?

Bud as it stands now Tavelin' John(three Bowl), Wandering Dave and I are planning on making it this year.

Bud as it stands now Tavelin' John(three Bowl), Wandering Dave and I are planning on making it this year.

Oh, Oh, gonna have to stock up on the liquid refreshments I think. :groovy:groovy

Starting to shape up into a really fantastic event. Circumstance conspired against me last year but it is on the calendar this year, blocked out. Only a death in the family would keep me away. :ca

Always room for another headlight.....

in the "formation" HexST. Make some plans to ride up. Wander'n Dave dosen't sound promising; the "kid's" are reporting en-mass to the FAA Academy, & they need the aviation professor most all of 2014. I'm probably solo (with pillion maybe fly'n to join) Bring Money!

travel'n john

Last edited:
in the "formation" HexST. Make some plans to ride up. Wander'n Dave dosen't sound promising; the "kid's" are reporting en-mass to the FAA Academy, & they need the aviation professor most all of 2014. I'm probably solo (with pillion maybe fly'n to join) Bring Money!

travel'n john

With Dara we hope :brow - Bob

Still planning to attend this fall.

Also working on my wife to ride as well but she is not wanting to go that far (5000 Km one way) in that time of the year. :)

Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 8.54.31 PM.jpg

Back