• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Anyone here read the BOD meeting minutes in the ON besides me?

Bud

It is what it is.
I just got the Jan ON today. Bagged again, Thank You Media Team!

I was very interested in the BOD minutes. Sometimes there are comments here that seem strange in light of the info available to each member in the ON.

Wondering if the BOD is doing anything about declining memberships, financial shortfalls, member retention and recruitment?

I think there is a lot of good news to be found in the minutes.

I've never been more optimistic about the continued growth of the MOA than I am right now.

Opportunities abound. The board has direction and focus, the Ex Dir is the right person, in the right position, at the right time.

Elections are coming up with the change for new input.

It is an exciting time to be a MOA member.

Yep

Well,
(a ) You're not the only one to read the BOD minutes and
(b ) I agree with everything you said...

Reading the BOD minutes is a symptom of feeling like you belong to the organization. If you are simply a casual reader of a magazine, you might not read those "dry" articles about meetings, but once you feel a part of an organization, then you might want to know what is going on inside the group. Hence, you read--or even ATTEND (heaven forbid!)--about the meeting.

Thx to everyone here on this forum who has helped convert me from a "reader" to a member.

Awwwww mannnnn

Now I'm curious, and you shamed me into reading the minutes. In the paraphrased immortal words of Alex from Madagascar, "Darn you moderators, darn you all to heck!"

I was very interested in the BOD minutes. Sometimes there are comments here that seem strange in light of the info available to each member in the ON.

So, how did you like the comment of one of the members attending:

He said (in jest) that he's not sure if it's a meeting or a celebrity roast!

As they say, there is always a little truth in any joke.

Ok I just gotta go there

Who reads the board minutes when you have a story like Paul's mouser yarn..........

Just read the funny article and I can't help myself. I noticed Jackie's red F650 has a coexist sticker on the side case. Jackie obviously draws the line at coexisting in close proximity to Ms. mouse. One of the letter icons will have to be modified to include a nose, whiskers, and ears I recon.

I just got the Jan ON today. Bagged again, Thank You Media Team!

Wondering if the BOD is doing anything about declining memberships, financial shortfalls, member retention and recruitment?

I think there is a lot of good news to be found in the minutes.

I've never been more optimistic about the continued growth of the MOA than I am right now.

Opportunities abound. The board has direction and focus, the Ex Dir is the right person, in the right position, at the right time.

Elections are coming up with the change for new input.

It is an exciting time to be a MOA member.

Here it is January 8th, AN NO BMW ON.

boo hoo:doh

It . is BUT, I like the paper copy better. I spend to much time on that machine with reading the magazine on it.

Not arguing and either or proposition. I want both. So the river freezes and they can't get me the print version by canoe, I can read things online until they portage it to me.

Have only read a few sets of minutes, mostly for my general education about club structure and finances. Didn't read the last ones.
But will to see if they're different.

The few I read conveyed to me info about tactical issues and progress/action on current events plus sound fiscal responsibility but I never got a feel for a strategic direction or understood how well the group was doing at meeting it. Maybe that's just a miss from my casual readings or the new structure is producing different results? Management in any structure often has issues communicating its strategic goals and progress- can be tough to get the entire group interested and participating.

I read them Bud!

And yes, I read them even before I served on the Board. I'd love to know what things are being discussed now on those issues.

Back