• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

6AM Coffee Wagon

FredRydr

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft
The national rally seems to evolve, with better and better ideas. Sometimes you have to try something to learn whether it was a bad idea or a good idea.

This one was a GREAT idea! The 6 AM coffee wagon, touring through the campsites. Use your beer mug or make a donation to charity to get a styrofoam cup. Excellent. Thanks guys!

Fred

Last edited:
Hey now,

When the board decided to put more money back into the rally one idea was free coffee for all.

We started coffee service Tuesday morning for the volunteers and kept at it until Saturday, serving approximately 15,200 cups. Sunday we left another 800 on timers.

When it was decided to offer coffee I "volunteered" the Yankee Beemers, knowing that as the largest and most active chartered club they were up to the task. They were able to provide service every morning with only one 15 minute interruption. Granted we were down to one container..... Another saving grace was the mugs were smaller than anticipated.

On top of this the coffee service raised over $1,200 for Safe Harbors, this year's charity.

Congratulations to the Yankee Beemers for doing what no club has done before.

Best,

Rob Nye
Coffee Co-chair

Kudos to the coffee crew

It was a real godsend to have early morning free coffee available.
I had my rally mug in my pocket, but still donated $1 for a styrofoam cup out of sheer gratitude.
An excellent idea. Thanks!
:clap

nothing gets funny stares out of the people shopping @ wal-mart like walking out of the place with a cart stacked 4 ft high with 120 pounds of coffee :D

Yankee Beemers ROCK!

Mmmmmmm Coffee Good!

Brian and I want to thank the Yankee Beemers for exceptional morning coffee, hot and fresh and robust. (No weenie-coffee for US!)

:clap

Wisconsin Club - 2000 Coffee

Rob Nye said:
Congratulations to the Yankee Beemers for doing what no club has done before.

Actually, Rob --- the Wisconsin BMW Motorcycle Club (#10) served coffee for charity in Midland, raising nearly $1500. Isn't it nice to belong to belong to a club that does good for others?

Brian Manke
Co-Chair, 2005 BMW MOA International Rally - Lima, Ohio
Co-Chair, 2000 BMW MOA International Rally - Midland, Michigan
Wisconsin BMW Club Member

Rob Nye said:
Hey now,

We started coffee service Tuesday morning for the volunteers and kept at it until Saturday, serving approximately 15,200 cups. Sunday we left another
On top of this the coffee service raised over $1,200 for Safe Harbors, this year's charity.

Best,

Rob Nye
Coffee Co-chair

1,200 or 12,000???????
Was I mistaken? And did the gal from Safe Harbors get all choked up or what? It was an emotional moment.

Fritz said:
1,200 or 12,000???????
Was I mistaken? And did the gal from Safe Harbors get all choked up or what? It was an emotional moment.

Safe Harbors was given $12,000 dollars of which a tad over 10% came from coffee.

To Brian, yes it is great to be part of a club that raises money for charity. When we started our goal was not to raise money but to serve coffee for everyone who wanted it. The fundraiser idea came when we decided to use the styrofoam cups as a hook to get people to pitch in.

Thanks again to you and Sue for a great rally. We would not have been able to serve so much coffee if you had not provided the outstanding support which made it all possible. If we had not had a room where we could run 10 pots at the same time folks would have been drinking cold instant or something :dunno

How about your club taking this on next year and doing the YB's one better? Think you can serve 20,000 cups? Looking at how well you folks handled the beer garden Friday night it should be a snap!

Brain Manke, 2006 Coffee Chair. I like the sound of that. :thumb

Best,

Rob Nye

Damn, I must of been in line for the showers, when you came around my camp, or did you guys not make it out to the far corner of the loud camping? I was with the group by the Big Allen County Fairground sign.

Rob Nye said:
Brain Manke, 2006 Coffee Chair. I like the sound of that. :thumb

I thought this was a coffee chair.

Vienna_II_RF_toliet_old.jpg

you're all awesome!

Thanks to Yankee Beemers, MOA and every single person who worked to provide coffee, volunteered in any way, etc.... The coffee in the a.m. WAS a godsend and got my mornings off to a marvelous start. :clap

"Just Say No"

Rob Nye said:
How about your club taking this on next year and doing the YB's one better? Think you can serve 20,000 cups? Looking at how well you folks handled the beer garden Friday night it should be a snap!

On behalf of Brian, I must insist that we pass on this opportunity. :D

How about the Forum Riders instead?

:thumb

Back