• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

satellite radio for 1150 rt

johnbob

My 04 1150 rt does not have a radio. Can i install a satellite radio on the bike without an existing radio system? I would really appreciate any feedback on this topic. I'm a little confused with what I am reading online. I would like to hardwire a dock on the bike, in a location that would be best for the unit to avoid excessive vibration. My helmet is a Nolan 104 with the N com system (speaker source). Thank You

The answer to your questions lies in the specifications of the radio you purchase, and has nothing to do with the bike.

Technology is fast paced these days and IMHO the only viable choice is a radio that will broadcast Bluetooth to your helmet. The days of having your head tied to the bike with wires are finally and mercifully over.

Check the XM site and see if any of the small portable units are waterproof.
If XM doesn't have a waterproof unit you can buy a GPS with XM like the older Zumo 550 or Zumo 665. You'll need a puck to receive the XM signal if using one of the Garmin GPSs.

I did a search and found XM sells a waterproof case.
This radio, case, and mount is only $70 after rebate.
Didn't notice if it has Bluetooth.
http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/onyXEZ_SiriusXM_Satellite_Radio_Motorcycle_Package.aspx

XM_Radio_Motocycle_Kit_EZ.jpg

Back