• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Women with weapons.

I haven't seen the whole book.
Just based on these photos, it should be rather good.
It shows what art the photographer has. Whether they use it or not is a different story.
The first photo of Ellie Wooten shows how the photography can be used to make someone look better.
Or worse.
The photographer can portray someone in a favorable or unfavorable light, angle, etc.
I have posted about this book before on several different forums.
It usually doesn't get much comment.
But I like these photos.
dc

And this has what to do with motorcycles?

I think it would be more appropriate in another forum!

I was a gun collector & competition shooter, so don't label me as anti gun, I just think this isn't the place.

This is Campfire- for everything else. So far it's about a book. It would be nice (and necessary) for it to stay about a book.
OM
:lurk

And this has what to do with motorcycles?

I think it would be more appropriate in another forum!

I was a gun collector & competition shooter, so don't label me as anti gun, I just think this isn't the place.

Here are the titles of some threads in Campfire.

You tell me what any of them have to do with motorcycles?

So You Served!!

I'm ready for more jokes.

HAM radio operators

Happy birthday Grace Hopper

Chromecast

This is Campfire- for everything else. So far it's about a book. It would be nice (and necessary) for it to stay about a book.
OM
:lurk

OM Please change the title of the OP to reflect that it was a photo book about female gun owners.

I apologize for not using the proper title, it was an oversight, not an attempt to start a gun thread. :banghead

Thanks

OM Please change the title of the OP to reflect that it was a photo book about female gun owners.

I apologize for not using the proper title, it was an oversight, not an attempt to start a gun thread. :banghead

Thanks
I had a pretty good idea of the intent Bud. The peek I took at it had some real nice quality pictures. I suppose it could also have gone into the photography part of the forum.
I'll dream up a title and change it a bit later.
OM

Interesting to read some of the comments (on the link) regarding the observation that all of the pictures are of white women. - Bob

Hey, what about 'What are you drinking tonight'? (Yeah, who started that, huh?!)
Do we promote sensible responsible consumption or alcoholism?

As Klaatu said, "the decision . . . . rests with you".

Same here.

Klaatu barada nikto

Holy schmolly.. racist, inappropriate, misnamed; a bit over the top me thinks. It's just some pictures of women holding or beholding one of the fastest selling items in the USA this Christmas season. I am comforted knowing there are well armed, well trained women out there; I just may need protecting someday, and the pictures are a good way of showing how diverse the ownership of the item is.

Interesting to read some of the comments (on the link) regarding the observation that all of the pictures are of white women. - Bob

That is a racist comment. We do not need any racism in this thread.
dc

I think it's only racism when we distinguish color or race. I thought the observation was odd, as I don't distinguish.

I don't own guns, I don't allow them in my house and actually, I don't like guns. I do live in Canada where we have different laws and perspectives. To distinguish "Women with Guns" as an anomaly, further supports the "glass ceiling" that women perceive. My big boss is a woman and she holds us to the fire.

However, this a post about something of interest, pictures, guns, women and a book. I thought it was interesting and glad it was posted.

:scratch now that's an interesting take on my post. Maybe you could elaborate? - Bob

I would call it an observation. Societally women are less likely to be shooters and non Caucasian women even less so. Not sure how the photographer gathered the subjects, but I doubt there was any ill intent. I know as a NRA member, they outreach to "non traditional" shooters as a manner of growing the sport/hobby or whatever you may call it. Someone could make the same observation about any MOA publication. I don't think is intentional, just reflective.

It's just some pictures of women holding or beholding one of the fastest selling items in the USA this Christmas season

It's pictures of women smoking pot?

Seriously, did you see the one blonde with the designer ripped skin-tight jeans and English-style riding boots with the turkish shotgun? Now, I've spent a bit of time hunting and when you show me a Browning double barrel shotgun I expect to see a FN mark from Belgium. But, I've never seen a Blonde strutting about the rabbit thickets in skin-tight designer jeans and english riding boots with her trusty 20-guage.

But, that is just me.......

I would call it an observation. Societally women are less likely to be shooters and non Caucasian women even less so. Not sure how the photographer gathered the subjects, but I doubt there was any ill intent. I know as a NRA member, they outreach to "non traditional" shooters as a manner of growing the sport/hobby or whatever you may call it. Someone could make the same observation about any MOA publication. I don't think is intentional, just reflective.

I've been meaning to write a brusque letter to the editor of the ON about the absence of any saris, lederhosen or burkas.

Seriously, did you see the one blonde with the designer ripped skin-tight jeans and English-style riding boots with the turkish shotgun? Now, I've spent a bit of time hunting and when you show me a Browning double barrel shotgun I expect to see a FN mark from Belgium. But, I've never seen a Blonde strutting about the rabbit thickets in skin-tight designer jeans and english riding boots with her trusty 20-guage.

You're funny.
I like the lady in the cornfield wearing the green wellies.
Go back to sleep Angus darlin' . . .

I think she just hunts in area which is very hot, has lots of snakes and bugs, so you don't want loose clothing picking up bugs, low boots a snake can bite above very easily, or layers of clothing to cook yourself to death in.

Just my take..

Back