• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Lone Star BMW/Triumph Open House 2013

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member

Headed over to Austin this yesterday for the annual Open House at Lone Star BMW/Triumph.
http://www.lonestarcycle.com/

They have a tribute to Ardys K on the site and she was a missing piece of this annual tradition...

Looked like the weather was going to be cool, but sunny... a change of what we've had for several weeks.

Sunny leaving house on R12S( least protected bike I think I have) , clouded up as I got into the city...oh well, still a ride. My handgrips and heated gear just didn't do well today...yeah, I know:violin

Wanted to ride our /6, but still torn down from its head melt-down.The GSA would have been the weather friendly bike, but I ride it all the time.

Damp cool standing outdoors so most folks were inside for the most part, until the chow line opened of course. :eat

Won a large Bags-Connection hi-viz dry bag, ate some excellent as usual BBQ and visited some folks before heading home to sunny skies again.

Always some interesting bikes...some not BMW's. I didn't do many people shots today as the pro walking the parking lot always does better than I. The pics are usually up pretty quick so check back on Lone Star's site

PC140330-M.jpg
row in front of shop...nice Airhead contingent and many many current GS's

PC130313-M.jpg
Classic Indian & owner

PC140322-M.jpg
This came rolling by us...very quiet!

Last edited:
More Lone Star

We have 60's -2009 models...The Airheads just stand out to me these days, so I didn't take too many current models pics.

PC130318-M.jpg

Slash 5 with a Buell front end:laugh...must have a /6 reservoir under tank as caliper line went up that way Bet it stops better than most /5's:laugh

PC130315-M.jpg

His & Hers /6's

PC140324-M.jpg

Only one rig this year...but a nice /6 version

Lone Star page three

PC140326-M.jpg

You know I had to get a G/S pic in here!

PC130321-M.jpg

And a nice S

PC140329-M.jpg

Keeping it weird..Thanks to LoneStar staff, vendors, and Smokin'Willies BBQ

A great event put on by some very good people. It's always a pleasure to go to Lone Star regardless of the season. Of course some good BBQ and great homemade deserts doesn't hurt either.
Thanks to Robert, Peter and the whole crew for their support of the BMW community.

Austin Texas
St Edward's University and Armadillo World Headquarters
Dates me I know
Ya'all have fun?

Rig was next to a what, looks like a GT250?
(Gotsta give the props to my scooter brethren)

Austin Texas
St Edward's University and Armadillo World Headquarters
Dates me I know
Ya'all have fun?

Rig was next to a what, looks like a GT250?
(Gotsta give the props to my scooter brethren)

:wave hey wez,

Yeah, the Austin sticker was on a scooter next to me...that Red Vespa still had a paper plate on it...big time Scooter scene in Austin these days...a scene that you wouldn't recognize with all the new life downtown

:...a scene that you wouldn't recognize with all the new life downtown

Yeah, I'm officially old. I yearn for the Austin of old where the atmosphere was friendly. I miss the Armadillo, Soap Creek Saloon, New West, Club Foot and many others. The Hipsters have replaced the Hippies and instead of mellow, friendly hippies in tie-dye with a live and let live attitude you get the snarling, rude hipsters in skinny jeans that just want you to die because you are in their way.

I moved to Austin in 1984 just as they opened the tallest building in town, One American Center, at 6th and Congress. It was 32 stories and stood out. Not so much now!

Definitely NOT the laid back college town it once was. Worked for the city for 23 years and watched most of this change.

austin tx skyline.jpg
Those two tall buildings on left are CONDOS! The One American Center is the limestone colored one behind the largest one on left:doh
The SOCO ( South Congress) area this shot is taken from has also changed from the days of the hazy 70's.

Downtown-2001-2013.jpg

A skyline comparison...driving down there nowadays is kind of surreal...to me anyways. I don't miss having to go there at all.

SRVAustinSkyline_CreditJeanMichelDufaux.jpg

Attachments

• SRVAustinSkyline_CreditJeanMichelDufaux.jpg
    SRVAustinSkyline_CreditJeanMichelDufaux.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 40
Back