Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New BMW Navigator V tips and tricks

If you're planning on buying a Nav V with cradle, it does not have any sort of locking device (at least mine, bought December, 2013, does not).
    Mark
    2006 R1200RT

I talked to Garmin, and if your headset is paired to the Nav V, and then you pair the phone to the Garmin, which they say is the way, you can only use the Garmin directions and music. If you try to play the music on your phone, it'll cut out after a while. So I would prefer to use the Garmin music player, but I can't see where you can shuffle or set up playlists. So I just use the Garmin as a map with visual directions and use my phone for music and for direct navigation. I wish I'd never bought the Garmin, what a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by pockomoth View Post
    I talked to Garmin, and if your headset is paired to the Nav V, and then you pair the phone to the Garmin, which they say is the way, you can only use the Garmin directions and music. If you try to play the music on your phone, it'll cut out after a while. So I would prefer to use the Garmin music player, but I can't see where you can shuffle or set up playlists. So I just use the Garmin as a map with visual directions and use my phone for music and for direct navigation. I wish I'd never bought the Garmin, what a waste.
    I use my GPS as a GPS. It gives me instructions while following a route and is paired to my Sena 20S headset. In my tankbag is a Sena SM10. Into the SM10 I send, via patch cord, the audio from a radar detector and an iPod (controlled by a scosche remote on the handlebar). The SM10 is paired to my headset. So, I get all that audio without problem. I do NOT want a phone involved while riding.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Just had the NAV V installed on Ursula last week, replacing the zumo 550 that finally played out... It's a learning process, complicated systems require complicated minds. I've been trying to bring my mind to the level of technical savvy that matches the Garmin engineers on this device. Currently going with the iPhone six for most blue tooth usage and Garmin for critical navigation. Tried pairing schuberth, NAV V iPhone but ran into similar problems. So separating my bluetooths for now.
    2005 R1200RT Ursula Von Reisetourer
    2001 F650 GS Gerdy Von Gelande Strasse
    BMWMOA # 143779
    "Within her imperfections there... dwells perfection in mine eyes."

Is there a sun shield for the NAV V?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  14.8 KB

quick internet search... Don't want to do the Velcro option again.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  12.5 KB
    BMWMOA # 143779

Mike White
    2003 R1200CLC
    2015 R1200GSW

Ordered

Dude, this is why the forums exists. So much thanks, I look forward to actually "seeing" the NAV V.
    BMWMOA # 143779

So I still haven't cracked the nut on the blue tooth link. Looping Bluetooth from device to device seems quirky. Going gremlin hunting.
    BMWMOA # 143779

Suppose a rider's willing to deal with wires in order to combine Nav V, iPhone, Sena, and intercom and to bypass most or all of Bluetooth. How many wires are required? Could I rig all this so that only one plug-in is needed when I finish refueling for example? These bluetooth threads have been live here forever it seems with no single can't-miss procedure. Maybe actual wires aren't so burdensome.
    '14 R1200GS,
    Priors: '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT, '05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5.

One Ring To Rule Them All AirBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    So I still haven't cracked the nut on the blue tooth link. Looping Bluetooth from device to device seems quirky. Going gremlin hunting.
    Isn't technology fun!?
    "Are you living life the way you were meant to, or how you have been led to think you are supposed to?"
    1989 Yamaha FZR 400 Racebike (r.i.p.), 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold), 1983 custom naked Honda Goldwing (sold), 2015 San Marino Blue BMW R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by pockomoth View Post
    For music on the Garmin, I had music on my PC as MP3s separated into various folders. I copied all of my music folders to a micro SD card, installed it into my Nav V, and it works great. I like being able to control the music on the Nav screen, and music gets interrupted for GPS voice commands. As far as creating playlists, it does use the standard M3U format and creating playlists is easy - just do a search. You can then import the playlist. But I just play my songs in random order, so I get a lot of variety.

Here's a link on this subject: http://www.motofans.be/gps/55-bmw-na...-v-mediaplayer

Bob
    2013 K1300S