Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New BMW Navigator V tips and tricks

I have a R1200R - it came prewired with the Nav cradle, etc. No problems clicking it into the cradle and then locking it in with a turn of the ignition key(the cradle has an ignition key slot). While I was deciding on a unit to purchase - went on the BMW web site and down loaded the Nav V Operators Manual - 17 pages. It goes into much greater details than the "quick start" manual that comes with the unit. I'm not new to Garmin products (GPSmap 60CSx) but WOW - this new Nav V is over the top on features and abilities. Like most of the new high tech equipment - I'll probably only use 4-5 of the features, for now.

Unhappy The four buttons on the cradle / mount are not working

I don't recall when it stopped, but it was working on a road trip, and all of a sudden it does not work.
    No zoom in or out, no paging, and speaking button work at all.
    Any ideas guys?
    The cradle is in mint shape, and the GPS still works fine. It charges the GPS, but the buttons, which i like to use, have stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by shereefhany View Post
    I don't recall when it stopped, but it was working on a road trip, and all of a sudden it does not work.
    No zoom in or out, no paging, and speaking button work at all.
    Any ideas guys?
    The cradle is in mint shape, and the GPS still works fine. It charges the GPS, but the buttons, which i like to use, have stopped.
    Have you tried someone else's Nav V in your mount, to determine if it is the mount or your unit not responding? Might be a good first step, even if you have to stop at a dealer and talk them into popping one of their into your mount for a moment.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

Question NAV V in car

I want to use my NAV V in my car.
    I already have the Garmin car mount.
    As you know, the NAV V does not have an internal speaker so I figured a BT remote speaker might work.
    The NAV V connects fine to the BT speaker but does not transmit turn-by-turn voice prompts. I am thinking it connects to the BT speaker only for Media playback.
    Anyone figure out a work-around for this?
    Garmin has no clue.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
    If life throws you a curve; lean into it.

Solved it

It was simply a case of wiping down what appeared to be very clean connector pins. I blew at it, and wiped it down and it worked.
    I know, who would have thunk it. When i mean the pins appeared clean, they were flawless really.

Can't seem to locate on the site...

Quote Originally Posted by oosik View Post
    I have a R1200R - it came prewired with the Nav cradle, etc. No problems clicking it into the cradle and then locking it in with a turn of the ignition key(the cradle has an ignition key slot). While I was deciding on a unit to purchase - went on the BMW web site and down loaded the Nav V Operators Manual - 17 pages. It goes into much greater details than the "quick start" manual that comes with the unit. I'm not new to Garmin products (GPSmap 60CSx) but WOW - this new Nav V is over the top on features and abilities. Like most of the new high tech equipment - I'll probably only use 4-5 of the features, for now.
    I'm trying to find the NAV V op manual on the BMW site but can't seem to locate it- any help would be appreciated- thanks!

Tim C
    2016 K1600GTL
    Matte Ocean Blue

Thanks Tim!

Tim C
    2016 K1600GTL
    Matte Ocean Blue