• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How to butcher a 1993 K1100RS

Next?

So, next with the harness, do you come in and peal off the wrappings and expose the individual wires? Then you can see what the colors/codes are on the hacked ones and compare to the diagram, I assume. Probably a security system?
:eat

The following posts represent the deconstruction of the fuel injection wiring harness.

Some of the pics will have notes. All of the pics are intended to help me remember of what it looked like. After I make this post I'll take it off the board and set it aside for now. I'll leave all the zip ties holding the wires together to keep each cluster together for now.

Then I'll start on the main harness.

DSCF0788-XL.jpg

DSCF0786-XL.jpg

DSCF0783-XL.jpg

I did this to avoid cutting any wires while removing the covering.

DSCF0791-XL.jpg

DSCF0794-XL.jpg

DSCF0797-XL.jpg

DSCF0798-XL.jpg

Steve reminding me I cut this off while trying to scavenge parts for another project. I still have to connector.

DSCF0801-XL.jpg

DSCF0805-XL.jpg

DSCF0808-XL.jpg

DSCF0809-XL.jpg

DSCF0810-XL.jpg

DSCF0813-XL.jpg

DSCF0811-XL.jpg

DSCF0812-XL.jpg

DSCF0817-XL.jpg

DSCF0816-XL.jpg

DSCF0819-XL.jpg

As far as I can tell, the joining of the green/white wires and the yellow/brown wires must have been done this way due to assemble needs, not function needs.

DSCF0818-XL.jpg

DSCF0829-XL.jpg

DSCF0830-XL.jpg

DSCF0832-XL.jpg

DSCF0834-XL.jpg

DSCF0835-XL.jpg

DSCF0838-XL.jpg

DSCF0839-XL.jpg

DSCF0841-XL.jpg

DSCF0840-XL.jpg

DSCF0842-XL.jpg

DSCF0847-XL.jpg

DSCF0850-XL.jpg

I have a couple of observations.

One: If stupid is as stupid dose then I'm fairly stupid.

Two: Anything that hurts that bad should look worse.

Three: 18 year old electrical tape feels like baby snot mixed with contact cement.

Four: #11 Exacto blades rammed under thumb nails when Stupid forgot about not cutting towards one's self SUX!

Main wiring harness mounted on the board. Due to the large number of connections, I'm going to identify and tag each one before
cutting it open.

At least it can't hurt, might help and looks good on paper.

I keep thinking this is one of those times where you might hear, "Hold my beer and watch this".

Please continue to post your progress with pics as your time permits. Your approach is very pragmatic, and would seem to ensure that mistakes will be minimized. All I can say is ---> :bow

WOW, holy crap batman. now thats what i call a full resto. great work,,,i have never done a k bike, plenty of r bikes but wow, i never realized how huge that motor is. you could put it in your car.

Thank you.

JDOCKERY132445 - I love that and must agree!

braddog - We'll see, it's a long way from a running machine.

1074 my husband buoght me this - http://www.mytoolsforyou.com/automotive-tools/JSP-95929.html

ratze - saddly everything is on hold until after flu season. I'm working 5-6 thirteen hour night shifts a week right now with no end in sight. It may be 2 months before I can get back on this. But it's all good because I need money for this proceed. BTW, they do put these in Mini's.

Back