• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

SMH10 and Schuberth C3

rms000

Does anyone have experience installing the Sena SMH10 on a Schuberth C3 with the universal clamp? Any help would be appreciated
Rick

09 R1200RT

I've been using the Sena on a C3 for two years; 40,000 miles.

You may not like what it took to get it done. First, I used one of the adhesive mounting plates instead of the clamp. I then used a small screw thru the plate into the helmet, I in-setted the head of the screw so it is flush with the plate. I then had to cut a small hole in the fabric pad below the mount to insert the ear phones and wire for the boom mike. I cover the hole with black fabric tape. Routing the ear phones and wires is easy; there are pockets for the ear phones. The boom mike runs under the padding on the left side and protrudes at the left front of the main helmet. I need to move the mike out of the way (pointing straight up ) before lowering the chin guard, then I can move the mike into place. Works well for me.

I'll post some pictures later.

I found lower edge of the C3 to be too thick to use the Sena SMH-10 clamp mount. I'm using the adhesive mount, placed as far forward as possible. I've not felt the need to screw it in place as the mount seems to be solid. I ran the wires between the neck roll and the shell. Currently I'm using the wired mike stuck to the chin bar - the cord usually needs to be pushed to the side after I close the bar, sometimes a nuisance. I may try using the boom mike as Akbeemer described or try extending the wire on the wired mike so it can be routed closer to the hinge point of the chin bar. Somewhere I read of putting the wired mike on the front of the cheek pad (by the Schuberth label), but I'm not confident this position would work well.
11210852555_8cf1edbe87_z.jpg

I found lower edge of the C3 to be too thick to use the Sena SMH-10 clamp mount. I'm using the adhesive mount, placed as far forward as possible. I've not felt the need to screw it in place as the mount seems to be solid. I ran the wires between the neck roll and the shell. Currently I'm using the wired mike stuck to the chin bar - the cord usually needs to be pushed to the side after I close the bar, sometimes a nuisance. I may try using the boom mike as Akbeemer described or try extending the wire on the wired mike so it can be routed closer to the hinge point of the chin bar. Somewhere I read of putting the wired mike on the front of the cheek pad (by the Schuberth label), but I'm not confident this position would work well.
11210852555_8cf1edbe87_z.jpg

I rode for a year using just the adhesive, but noticed one fine day that most of the sticky stuff had released, hence the screw. I thought about using the wired mike, but I had a boom mount handy and went that way. I can still talk with the chin bar up as I have it at fuel stops or other short stops. I tried using ear buds in lieu of speakers for a year. It became cumbersome having to put them in all the time and even with custom made buds my ears would sometimes hurt after an 8-10 hour riding day.

<br>I have been using the adhesive mount for about three years with no problem. I use the wired boom mike on my setup with the speakers.</br><br>
attachment.jpg</br>

Last edited:
Google this -

There are quite a few pictures of optional setups. Sena has one that specifically worked very well for me.

Back