• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Winter

Wha-hoooo, it got up to -1F today, and is only -9F at 6:22 PM. Warming by Friday. An expert weather guy warns that into late Feb going into early spring there's more of this brutal cold air on the way this year. It's got something to do with the cyclical warming and cooling of the two huge oceans. Nothing to do with gore.

Now listen, we were doing fine then you had to mention Al. (BTW I understand he wants to change his last name to Jazeera)
It begins.

Clockwise or counterclockwise spiral ?

The swirl depends in which hemisphere. It's warming this AM already. Funny thing about how a warmer temp. Picks up the spirit immediately. I'm actually getting giddy just thinking about twisting the right hand.

Quick change!!

-40 degrees C 3 days ago....and today it's +5 and rain. Now there is a sign of GLOBAL WARMING. Ha ha
But the deep freeze will be back before you know it. We're not done yet with winter. 10 more weeks of ice fishing left. 1 month on maple syrup duties and then...WOW .....bike season is upon us.

It was -45 windchill and nearly a foot of snow here last Tuesday. I went for a ride on Sunday! It's a good week when the snowblower and bike both actually start!

Is it snowing, in Louisiana?!
Got the cold on here this A.M.
Going to warm up and snow.
Put new batteries in the shovel.

We got SLAMMED early today:laugh We get a dusting maybe every three years.
72 on Thursday, 29 right now w/high of 46 and back to 73 Saturday...TX rollercoaster!

P1230042.jpg

We got SLAMMED early today:laugh We get a dusting maybe every three years.
72 on Thursday, 29 right now w/high of 46 and back to 73 Saturday...TX rollercoaster!

You're breaking my heart, Steve. Going down to 0 tomorrow with 15 mph winds her in Milwaukee

0 degrees F...colder down south Karen! Going to -13 F Monday! Can hardly for some Midwest thawing! SPRING, where are you!!!

OK, we do the rollercoaster here to, just the scale isn't quite the same.
More like -20F to 35F
Same difference, isn't it?

More snow last night.
YAY!
More coming today.
YAY!
Let's not talk about Monday and Tuesday.
Brrrrrrr!

Can't remember a colder winter blast than today and tomorrow. Down into the minus 20s tonight with winds gusting. And the energy company puts a commercial on TV asking that we turn down our heat to 60 degrees? WTH are these fools talkin about, the house is at 62 degrees already. And the last two nights more snow. Guess I'll plug in the car in the morning. Hear tell there's a shortage of propane in places.

Man this is turning out to be a good old time winter, way too cold. My brother told me they had 30's down in Fla. I told him that he would die here in NY, they had to send ice breakers down the Hudson River over the weekend to keep it open!

I'm feeling for you guys in Minn, that is just downright scary!

We AZ Beemers feel your pain, only got up to 65F for the ride out to Sheep's Bridge Crossing on the Verde River here in Central Arizona; actually had to put the liner in my jacket, even wore the heavy gloves too!

DSCF0833.jpg

Gee, average temp of 104 in July, sounds great!

I'll spend winter skiing, snowmobiling and ice fishing, but enjoy and God Bless.

Below is copied from Sperlings -

Climate in Chandler, Arizona

Climate Chandler, AZ United States
Rainfall (in.) 6.8 36.5
Snowfall (in.) 0 25
Precipitation Days 26 100
Sunny Days 297 205
Avg. July High 104 86.5
Avg. Jan. Low 33.8 20.5
Comfort Index (higher=better) 45 44
UV Index 6.4 4.3
Elevation ft. 1,205 1,443

Chandler, AZ, gets 7 inches of rain per year. The US average is 37. Snowfall is 0 inches. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 26.

On average, there are 297 sunny days per year in Chandler, AZ. The July high is around 104 degrees. The January low is 34. Our comfort index, which is based on humidity during the hot months, is a 45 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable.

Last edited:
We AZ Beemers feel your pain, only got up to 65F for the ride out to Sheep's Bridge Crossing on the Verde River here in Central Arizona; actually had to put the liner in my jacket, even wore the heavy gloves too!

DSCF0833.jpg

Here going to fifteen below tonight !.......you guyz are just mean !....mean,mean....shame , shame.:brow

Just teasin'...enjoy your good fortune of good weather.:wave

Here going to fifteen below tonight !.......you guyz are just mean !....mean,mean....shame , shame.:brow

Just teasin'...enjoy your good fortune of good weather.:wave

Brother Ron I spent six years in the US Army as an Artilleryman, after two years of Winter maneuvers in Germany at Grafenwohr dragging a 105mm towed Howitzer through the miserable freezing cold snow/ice and I swore that once I got back to my native Sonoran Desert I would never live anywhere else. I escape the heat in Summer by riding up to Colorado, in New Zealand or over in Europe!

I'll play these, thanks
Going for record tonight maybe.
All the snow this year so far has been powder, very different for these parts.

Back