• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A mind-numbing good time

J

James.A

Here I sit at the keyboard, a Camel and an ice-cold Rolling Rock on the desk, trying to comprehend the magnitude of the experience. Kinda like the first time ya drop acid, you know you are changed forever. My first rally, and now I'm hooked. I'll post more later when I understand it better.
Thanks to everyone I met and to everyone else.

AWESOME

Last edited:
It only gets better

If you think Lima was great, wait 'til you attend a rally where the weather is nice!
See you in Vermont. :thumb

Great to meet you woodnsteel!!! That was fun, wasn't it?

Pictures soon.... :evil

Comfortably numb

Hey Jim,

It WAS a good time...

Glad we got to meet you....

J&T

My favorite moment.

Woodnsteel walking up to buy beer tickets... handing them a $50. The great volunteers ask, "How many?" the response, "Yes!" "You mean all?" "Yup all!"

BradfordBenn said:
My favorite moment.

Woodnsteel walking up to buy beer tickets... handing them a $50. The great volunteers ask, "How many?" the response, "Yes!" "You mean all?" "Yup all!"

We both know that I gave half of 'em away. I stopped by my brothers hous befor going home sunday afternoon. I was telling him how the MOA refused to rape the membership and canned beer was only a buck. He said, "I still bet you spent a hundred bucks on beer."

My riding buddy.....

...Ralph Cook. We've been friend for years. He's not a BMW rider, but a member of "Windy City Vulcans" a Chicago base Kawi club. The only ugly incident I witnessed was when someone stuck peeled off BMW tank emblem on his bike. If I wasn't sunk in such a great vibe, there would have been a fist fight.

Attachments

• MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 224
Burnettsville Indiana

This is why I like to travel the 2 lane highway. We stopped for lunch thursday, and there wasn't but 5 tables. Luckily, no waiting. When we were leaving, there was a couple going to the rally from somewhere farther west, Nebraska, I think. Told 'em that it was good home cooking. Never saw them again.

Attachments

• MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Forum Frenzy

Red Hot glowing red hot. I love this girl.

Attachments

• MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 221
Magoo, Ol'salt and a new special friend whose name escapes me.

Attachments

• MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 212
Loraz with some new friends we made after the storm. Every time I saw them after that I ask,"have you hugged a FIB today?"

Attachments

• MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 212
other highlights

Friday morning at Airhead central, (I was hungover) a guy comes walking up saying that his starter won't work and other campers told him to go to the Airheads. Myself and an Airhead from New York walk down to his campsite and commence to eye-balling his ride. After some doinking on the bike and discussion about what color wire means what, we make a jumper and determine that the starter is O.K., and Mr. New York tells him to take his Starter relay to Moto-electric. An hour later, problem solved and everyone is happy.

Saturday morning at Airhead central, (I was hungover,...again) a lady rider pulls up and fails to fully deploy the side stand on her K-model. She topples her K which throws her against my bike and spills it pinning her between the two. By the time I can I.D. my poor 750, there are a dozen people picking up her and the bikes. My first question was, "are you sure your'e O.K.?" Since that bike is original un-restored, a few more scratches would only add to the mystique. She was almost in tears, but in spite of the damage, which was slight, I made sure she and her husband understood that it was not an issue.

Very Hot. and my riding buddy Ralph was sufferring, as was I, so we left around noon Saturday to head home ahead of the heat. We got a hotel in Logansport IN and had a swim and a proper shower. Left IN sunday morning but it was still 102F when we got back home. I think it was wise to get half way home on saturday. I went to my brother Mark's house first thing and then dumped the 750 in the alley behind his house. 655 miles and skinned my knee a mile from home. Go figger?!?!

STRESS and D'ilah only live a few miles away, and we only just now met in Ohio. Not that there's anything wrong with Ohio, but let's be sure to meet before next year, O.K.?

I missed YB in IN, and BE in IN except for a brief meeting at at the charging station.

ManicMechanic was great. The rally was just like he told me it would be at Solstice.

Custom Sarge was a hoot. You are dangerous, my friend, that's why I like you.

Final analysis: I love each and everyone of you. Ol' salt, Einar, Joecubana, SCDorman and Patrick, and everyone else who I met and those that I forgot your names and those who I missed. So much to do and so little time. I can't wait until we meet again. You've been warned.
Carry on,
JAS

woodnsteel said:
(I was hungover)...(I was hungover,...again)...

Man, even with all those beer tickets, I never thought you even seemed drunk. That says something about you or me, I can't quite figure out which.

Steve

SCDorman said:
Man, even with all those beer tickets, I never thought you even seemed drunk. That says something about you or me, I can't quite figure out which.

Steve

Trust me, I'm a pro.

Reference Dzimbric's threat to double the beer requisition if I were attending his Bass Lake campout.

woodnsteel said:
STRESS and D'ilah only live a few miles away, and we only just now met in Ohio. Not that there's anything wrong with Ohio, but let's be sure to meet before next year, O.K.?

STRESS and I were discussing how we couldn't believe it took a trip to Lima, Ohio, to meet such great people from our own neighborhood. :dunno We are looking forward to getting together soon with woodnsteel, RedHot, Boomyr, and others! The bad news for all of you guys is that you might never get rid of us! :D

D'Lilah said:
STRESS and I were discussing how we couldn't believe it took a trip to Lima, Ohio, to meet such great people from our own neighborhood. :dunno We are looking forward to getting together soon with woodnsteel, RedHot, Boomyr, and others! The bad news for all of you guys is that you might never get rid of us! :D

Cool. Looking forward to it....

D'Lilah said:
STRESS and I were discussing how we couldn't believe it took a trip to Lima, Ohio, to meet such great people from our own neighborhood. :dunno The bad news for all of you guys is that you might never get rid of us! :D
ain't skeerd

Back