• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorrad Mileage Award

TheRoss

Certified Beemerphile
Can anyone direct me to the BMW Motorrad Mileage Award Application (Not the MOA award)?

I understand that the dealership will need to send it in. But I want to fill it out and take it into a dealer later this week, along with the documentation I have, in order to apply for the 200k. I live 350 miles from the nearest dealer, and rarely make it in to see one. I called the dealer I will be near this week, but they don't seem to know where to find the application. I then called 4 other dealerships, and no one could help me.

How is it so many dealerships can know nothing about the award? One long-time salesman at a very popular dealership here in Texas told me he didn't know BMW had a mileage award!

Should be here:

http://bmwmoa.org/RideTour/MileageAwards.aspx

As I recall, there are two different sets of forms that go to two different organizations. The attached seems to be for the MOA...the other one the dealer fills out goes to BMWNA.

Not sure why people don't know about the awards...I guess we're a quiet bunch and don't yell "Look at me!" very much. :dunno

Chris,

I got the following off the Lone Star BMW (Austin) website, "The USA High Mileage Award is a dealer-based programme, as the distance traveled needs to be verified by dealers in line with machine history and service schedules."
I don't know what dealer you are going to but I've always done mine thru Lone Star but the bikes were bought there so all I had to do was call and give Robert the mileage, he had sufficient maintenance records to fill out the paperwork without me going up there.
Might try giving them a call. Maybe if you just fax or email the info they can save you a trip. If you do call, talk to Robert, he's one of the owners and he knows about the program.
Salesmen are not always the best source of info, unless you are wanting to buy a bike.

Good luck and congratulations.

Thanks guys. Lone Star was one of the dealerships I called, but Robert is out this week. I'll just wait until another time when I might be by a dealership.

The dealership I do the most with is Albuquerque, where I'll be later this week. But I do all my own service, so I'll have to show documentation anywhere I go.

IMHO, salesmen should be able to talk about the mileage contest. It is one of several reasons I continue to ride Beemers.

A shout out to Wayne at South Sound BMW in Fife, Washington!

I called the dealership (I used to live up there and bought parts from them). I was immediately put through to the guys who could help, and he emailed me the blank document I was looking for. When I return to the Pacific NW that dealership will again have my business!

Back