• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Multicontroller - 2013 R1200RT

bernie

I have a 2013 R1200RT.

When I am sitting still the multicontrol will let me tune in FM stations. While I am going down the hiway, it breezes through the whole band only stoping on one or two stations. The AM band is stuck on 530 and the weather channel is very weak.

Has anyone experienced this? It is winter up here now and the tech at the dealer said to come in next spring. It is still new so I am sure BMW should take care of this. I picked it up in Oct.

Bernie

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the XM work? I have solid XM performance, but the FM and AM have weak performance on my 2013 RT. Since there are separate antennae, I'm guessing the FM/AM antenna has come loose. May be the same for you. You may have stronger reception at home than on the road, causing those symptoms.

I read the radio manual until I got mine tuned to Sirius 5 and have since forgotten everything I read.

I've also never listened to AM, FM, or weather.

Lots of times when I get back on after stopping, I find the channel changed to something else but have always been able to get it back to 5 with brute effort. If there's a standard way, I don't understand it. The distraction this causes is probably similar to texting while driving.

No need to thank me for not helping.

Bernie,

Per: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?46055 - I'm adding year/model to the thread title. Your question is pretty much model specific since the RT is the only R bike with the multicontroller.. so hopefully someone will spot the thread and be able to help you out.

Please put that info into the thread title on future posts to the tech forums.. it helps you and helps others looking for info later on.

Back