• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Are you directly from a Hungarian Background?

kantuckid

If so , I have a gardening specific question to ask of you or your relatives "that have intimate gardening background knowledge related to Hungary". Having traveled there, I have an interest in a certain bean that is widely grown there. Shoot me a PM & I can provide my email & a link to a recent article in the UK newspaper-The Telegraph that best explains exactly what I'm after,thanks!

I thought of you even though we've never met because Cleveland,OH (your location) is full of Hungarian culture. If you think I speak/understand, Hungarian (Magyar?) language-nope, not me.
Do you know, have any "Hungarian people" in your circle of relatives or friends that seriously garden? :ear
Simon-is that Hungarian?:doh

:) Sorry, I am not Hungarian. Was born and grew up in Germany. Have a couple of friends who are of Hungarian descent and when I lived over there, you could get Hungarian Goulasch a lot and the original was made with a red bean, if that is what you talk about. "Simon" could be Hungarian, but the name exists in many different cultures.

Nope, it's not that bean, which I've seen there & here too. This one is whats called a butter bean or a pole lima in USA but in UK I know they call them "runner beans". I have zero idea what the Hungarians call them.They are a large seed,shaped like a butter bean & the bean itself are solid colors, widely varied from the same seed stock-black,purple,reds,browns,tans,beige and in between those. There are a bunch of Hungarian cultural websites for Cleveland area but none seemed particularly good candidates to gain information.
I do have an email out to a lady in UK that raises them(as seen in a detailed article from Oct18,2013 edition,gardening section but it's through a staff writer for The Telegraph newspaper & may die there. I figure somebody raises this bean here as it was very commonly seen in the produce mkts in Hungary. Huge piles of them shucked on large wooden tables.
Ideas for the Cleveland area?

Back