• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Coming to Minnesota for the Rally? You need to know this

You think I should come all the way from the west coast of Canada? . . . No, I really couldn't, but thank you for the invite.

You really think I should, cause you like to see me enjoy your hospitality? . . . Well, that would be nice, but no thank you.

You honestly would love to have me and show me around? . . . Well, I am really going to think about it. That is as positive as I can be at this time.

There we go, I learned the rule of three invites, and yes I am going to see if I can make it. Will be my first one, but who knows, careful what you wish for.

:ca

You think I should come all the way from the west coast of Canada? . . . No, I really couldn't, but thank you for the invite.

You really think I should, cause you like to see me enjoy your hospitality? . . . Well, that would be nice, but no thank you.

You honestly would love to have me and show me around? . . . Well, I am really going to think about it. That is as positive as I can be at this time.

There we go, I learned the rule of three invites, and yes I am going to see if I can make it. Will be my first one, but who knows, careful what you wish for.

:ca

Hope to see you there. If you'd like 4 invites.....consider this the fourth. :wave

26 things Minnesotans do that Seem Odd to Everyone Else:

https://getknitevents.com/minnesotans-odd/

This morning, as I was clearing my driveway of the latest snow and wind, I cleaned my truck off with a push broom. I also let it run while I cleared a spot to park it.

The other day, when it was above 30 Fahrenheit, I didn't bother with a coat, just a pullover sweatshirt. Plenty warm for the weather.

A couple of weeks ago I walked on the ice to pull fish from a little hole. This day was also above 30, so I was over dressed. The good news is that we didn't really need any shelter for fishing.

Attachments

• December27 036.jpg
    December27 036.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
And you'll need me for protection from Voni!

There is a reason that this state's nickname is MinneSLOWta. :whistle

Uffda!

Ian, good to see the banter has started and talk of the GSG events...hope to get down to help for this and hopefully the RA. Just back from the BMW NEF Winter Rally in FL and ready to hit the road south again, winter in the Ottawa valley, arghh!

Bruce

This morning, as I was clearing my driveway of the latest snow and wind, I cleaned my truck off with a push broom. I also let it run while I cleared a spot to park it.

The other day, when it was above 30 Fahrenheit, I didn't bother with a coat, just a pullover sweatshirt. Plenty warm for the weather.

A couple of weeks ago I walked on the ice to pull fish from a little hole. This day was also above 30, so I was over dressed. The good news is that we didn't really need any shelter for fishing.

Judging by the photo you were mugged for your fishing hut..........Must have been a couple of Canadians as they left your tackle..LOL................Rod.

I am up for that. Read them all. How about North to the Iron Lake novels?

Susan and I did a bit of this out West last year, when we drove around Oregon, following the Dies the Fire series by S.M. Sterling. Kind of like finding lighthouses, but different.

As a fan of the Prey novels and Virgil Flowers novels by John Sandford (John Crown) it would be cool if there was a ride that encompassed some of the towns that various scenes from those novels took place. Just an idea.

Back