• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Local Knowledge Please - Hwy 108 or Hwy 4

David, and thanks to you to sir. I'm taking a little trip down memory lane here. :dance

Cheers!

We both are. My ex's family had a USFS leasehold cabin at Gull Lake on the June Lake Loop from the mid-70s on, and until she and I split up in the early 90s we took several trips a year to the eastern slope. Sometimes, work compelled a different schedule for me than for her and the kids, and I could elect to ride. What a treat!

We both are. My ex's family had a USFS leasehold cabin at Gull Lake on the June Lake Loop from the mid-70s on, and until she and I split up in the early 90s we took several trips a year to the eastern slope. Sometimes, work compelled a different schedule for me than for her and the kids, and I could elect to ride. What a treat!

So we're both having a good time! :groovy

I grew up in Fallon, then worked in Reno while attending college. Then for several years lived in Minden and most of my "weekends" we're actually during the week, so had plenty of time to explore and enjoy those High Sierra byways...and I still miss them.

Cheers! :brow

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions on this section of the ride.

Local knowledge is like gold. I could ride through this are (or any area) as a visitor and miss out on the perfect ride by taking just one road the wrong way. I also love the way a post like this can just get people talking and reminiscing about times past and rides taken.

I look forward to passing through this area next year and will certainly look to stop off or ride through the points you guys have recommended.

Back