• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Had a Sweet Ride 2day

ricochetrider

Out There Somewhere
Had a really wonderful ride today on my 1974 Norton Commando. I probably rode 150 miles or more. Stopped along the way at Dellville Bridge and took a few iPhone pix. What a great day out. Passed a few BMWs out there, maybe some of you South Central PA guys?

Norton RE-sized.jpg

Nice day to ride down here in Central Texas today too. Temps in the low 80's.

Beautiful Norton. Got any better pics?

Beautiful Norton. Got any better pics?

Thank you. Yesterday was the first day I got out in a while. It was a great day, but I didn't see as many other bikes as I thought I would. I figured anyone with a bike would be out on it, but I only passed a handful of other riders. Go figure.
Here are a couple more shots of the bike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 84
Very nice. It looks like a right-side shift? Is that difficult to get used to?

Yes, right side shift- since I've spent a lot of time on old Brit bikes, not too difficult to get sorted...
BUT 1st is UP, 2-4 are down. Even that doesn't often kerfuddle me brain, but it becomes something of a challenge when I ride multiple bikes on a given day- right side 5 speed, one down four up, left side 5 speed, one down four up, to right side 4 speed, one up three down- now THAT gets tricky. Ha ha.

THE worst is if I happen to have to brake suddenly. I almost always slam on the shifter! Which adds to the "pucker" factor.

That photo in the covered bridge is great!

Thanks! Shot that with a beat-up iPhone 4. I really like the light in the pic, but I think I like this one a little better? Bike's a bit more in focus... but the 1st one shows the more of the bridge, and the background outside the bridge is completely overexposed...

NORTON RESIZE 2.jpg

Oh, I dunno. Either way, there are times when the phone actually takes great pics! In spite of an admittedly crappy camera, with often severe limitations. I just got a 5s. Upgrade camera. Can't wait to get some pix with it and see how it goes.

Back