• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Want to add heated grips to k75 Rt

Hi
Want to make my K75 RT into my winter ride. Would like to install heated grips using the rocker switch on the dash and have them shut of when I shut the bike off. What is the best, cheapest way to go.
Thanks
Brian

I put a set on my K00RS that I bought at a Polaris dealership. They are part number 2877363 cost around $55 now. I have had them for 3 years and they work very well. They have high and low resistance elements in each. After I initially installed mine I went for a 4 hour ride in upper 30? temps and when I got home I realized my palms had blistered. They put out some heat. I used the supplied switch and wired it into the factory supplied heated grip circuit which is wired through the ignition so there is no worry of draining the battery. I am not sure about the dash profile of your bike but the Polaris switch fit nicely on my RS with a little modification to one of the switch blanks.

DSC01305.jpg

Oxford makes heated grips. They have their own control unit to regulate heat level and it shuts down if the battery gets low. Several settings for heat.

Back