• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Another article from The Lima News (2005-07-23)...

TheSlashFiveTourer

Original 1973 LWB R75/5
Another article from The Lima News (2005-07-22)...

More reporting on the 2005 National Rally from The Lima News.

Looks like the reporter, his proofreader, or his spellchecker is a bit hyphen-happy! :stick

Last edited:
Hyphen explanation

SlashFiveTourer said:
More reporting on the 2005 National Rally from The Lima News.

Looks like the reporter, his proofreader, or his spellchecker is a bit hyphen-happy! :stick

The oddly placed hyphens are a consequence of directly importing the print version of the story into their website. All of the hyphens that were forced by the narrow newspaper columns remained, even though they were no longer needed in the wider online format.
It's just a case of them being lazy rather than ignorance of where to put hyphens.

Hyphens. . .what hy-phens???

IndyGT said:
The oddly placed hyphens are a consequence of directly importing the print version of the story into their website. All of the hyphens that were forced by the narrow newspaper columns remained, even though they were no longer needed in the wider online format.
It's just a case of them being lazy rather than ignorance of where to put hyphens.
:thumb ` ` ` :kiss

Last edited:
rude riders

I have been on many a bike ride and have attended 2 BMW rally's , what's up with Beemer riders not waving back :-((( I can't remember when a passing harley rider didn't wave back. BMW riders are suppose to be so much classier and with better manners, I'll take the hogs anyday. More down too earth,than noses stuck in the air like beemers.

Unregistered said:
I have been on many a bike ride and have attended 2 BMW rally's (sic), what's up with Beemer riders not waving back :-((( I can't remember when a passing harley rider didn't wave back. BMW riders are suppose (sic) to be so much classier and with better manners, I'll take the hogs anyday. More down too earth,than noses stuck in the air like beemers.

Strange. My experience over the past 25 years has been exactly opposite. BMW riders are invariably the first to wave.
My waves to Harley-Davidson riders are usually not returned. I just figure the noise and vibration gives them tunnel vision and they don't even notice me.
:stick

In his defense sort of!

I also did not get many return waves from BMW riders, but then I don't expect one. I do my thing and let them decide whether or not they want to. And some return waves were so close to their side I almost missed them. If you get a return, Great, if not, smile and get over it. You shared your joy of 2 wheelin!

Waving fool

What were you supposed to do? I had to pull in the clutch occasionally and steer the bike. If waved to everybody I would have had my had out from TN to OH. :D

Too many people to wave at

I could not wave at the rally as if I did I would not be able to pilot the bike.

Back