• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Owners News Spine Art

I have been aware of these pictures. The 07 and 08 series were favourites since I had both of those bikes at the time. The RS is sold now, but the GS is still in the stable.

Or break with tradition and just Kate Upton....somewhat like an R "model" with those...(wait)...I could go on, but I won't.

Were you thinking about the "twins"? :laugh

Never mind, I was confused. Twin Peaks was a TV show a while back. :bolt

Were you thinking about the "twins"? :laugh

Never mind, I was confused. Twin Peaks was a TV show a while back. :bolt

Yes...we think along the same "lines"...must be the Illinois connection. I was born and raised in Taylorville.

Who is/was Michael Cohen? I don't recall seeing his name on the masthead.

From the January 2003 issue, Sandy's column at the front of the ON. She talked about the new "flat binding". She went on to say:

We also hope that it helps those members who "archive" their issues to keep them straight, neat, and organized. The flat spine will now contain a few notable items of interest in the magazine for easier reference as well. And, for those of you with sharp eyes, there's another feature you won't want to miss that will gradually unfold as each issue comes...but enough said...I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Who is/was Michael Cohen? I don't recall seeing his name on the masthead.

From the January 2003 issue, Sandy's column at the front of the ON. She talked about the new "flat binding". She went on to say:

We also hope that it helps those members who "archive" their issues to keep them straight, neat, and organized. The flat spine will now contain a few notable items of interest in the magazine for easier reference as well. And, for those of you with sharp eyes, there's another feature you won't want to miss that will gradually unfold as each issue comes...but enough said...I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Her son.

It's the R nine T. March is definitely a repeat of February.

Attachments

• Spines2014.jpg
    Spines2014.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 430
RogerWilco -

You're certainly correct...I removed it and slid them back together. But if you look at some of the past years, you see the same sort of thing...the justification wasn't kept up with and things look really wrong. Hey, I'm just the photographer!!

This could be the makings of a new contest, the first one to identify what bike is being shown.

Lets work on that for next year.

The spines reveal the cover picture of the July 2014 Owners News.

Attachments

• Spines2015.jpg
    Spines2015.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 322
Here's the spines for 2016. Maybe an S1000?

Attachments

• Spines2016.jpg
    Spines2016.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 218
That's pretty cool! Nice to see some posts about the ON where there's no negativity.
Although there WAS *almost* some sexism in the comments about Ms Upton.....

Kurt,
Either your postal service is rough on mags or you give the pages of those magazines quite the work out based on the wear and tear of those spines. I suspect the latter. You strike me as the, "read it from cover to cover" kinda guy.

RR -

On the contrary, I don't really read it cover to cover, maybe picking things that interest me. Being more of a vintage guy, there's less and less in the magazine for my tastes. Oh well... This is probably heresy to say, but I realize there are ads in the magazine, but I've yet to even look at one. Ouch!!

I guess my PO is a bit rougher than normal. :dunno

Back