• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Press Release S1000 R "Roadster"

I have been waiting for this bike since the RR came out. I am anxious to see it in the flesh and find out what the riding position is. My wallet will not support it but it may give a big hint how the future under 500cc models will layout ergonomically.

Not that I'm a neat freak or anything but currently we have ...

press release thread for 2014 R1200RT in hexheads/camheads that ought to be here or in Wetheads

press release for S1000R that ought to be in the S1000 (Hothead) area

press release for R Nine T that ought to be in hexheads/camheads

Or maybe based on 2 out of 3, the new RT press release thread ought to be moved here.

Slow day.

PS: Given current forum search parameters, it's impossible to search for R Nine T.

Well, since this is a new model, a roadster and not a race bike, I just figured it might be of general interest beyond members interested in the S100RR. So I put it here.

At Nick's BMW in the Green Bay area, we've sold maybe a total of eight S1000RR over the years since it's been out. So I look at the S1000R as another model too closely associated with the 1000RR, and begs the question, "why?"

Perhaps some people interested in the 1000RR but afraid of the cost for body/fairing parts in case of a crash may be interested in the 1000R. Probably is still a very capabe track day bike, without the cost of the 1000RR. But in the Green Bay market I don't see it as a potential seller.

Why probably has little to do with the US and our tastes. The various national heads of BMW Motorrad in the EU, France in particular, have been clamoring for this model since the RR came out. Naked bikes like this have been a growth segment of the EU market for several years now. That it came out does not seem such a the surprise as the timing; which seems a bit behind the curve to me.

Glad to see that BMW is paying attention to the trends. Everyone is now producing a Naked bike. This one should be great as long as it has soul.

Back