• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1992 K75S w ABS Mirrors

heejrbmw

I'm interested in finding a set of mirrors for my new to me 1992 K75S. I cannot adjust the stock mirrors sufficiently to see behind me. I either need a different shape, different/longer mirror shaft, or both. Does anyone else have a problem with this, and if so, have you found an suitable/good alternatives?

Ed

Last edited:
Did you loosen the nut on the bottom of the mirror post and pivot the whole mirror assembly?

I did loosen the nut. I still can't adjust enough to see behind me as well as I would like to see. I'm not tall, so I probably sit more forward on the seat than some do, making me closer to the mirrors and harder to see around myself.

Try buying two of the little bulls-eye round mirrors - the ones about 1.5" diameter work great. Put them at the very top of the mirror glass, then adjust the regular mirrors so they look to the sides of the bike, not behind it. You'll find the bulls-eye mirrors provide plenty of info on what's going on behind you - plus they cover your blind spots on the sides.

BTDT - now I've done it to every bike I owned.

I have never seen K bike style mirrors on any boxer but, it is my understanding that BMW used the same basic mirror on one of the R bikes for a short period of time. The only difference was a little longer stem than the K bike version. This would effectively put your mirrors out farther. I would guess that cost should be about $45-50 bucks per mirror if purchased new.

If this information is correct, then, in theory, the older style mirrors that were used on the the airheads might also work. I can tell you that they offer two different mirrors that fit on the old /6 and /7 boxers. I swapped short for long mirrors on my R60/6. Worked very well. I don't have any part numbers for you, sorry.

Give Beemer Bone Yard a call. Maybe they can help.

Last edited:
Updated Mirrors

I installed the mirrors from the R1100GS on my K75S as they had 2" longer stems pushing them out further. I got mine from MaxBMW. Any dealer should be able to order them or you might be able to advertise for a used set.

Darrell

I installed the mirrors from the R1100GS on my K75S.

Darrell

Thanks. I looked at these and they will probably be better. However, I'm holding out a little while longer hoping to find some type of rectangular mirror.

Ed

Back