Thread: R1200cl Fuel Tank

R1200cl Fuel Tank

Man I put this in the search and found out just about everything except what I needed. I need to get the old fuel out of my tank and since is has a pump inside I am not sure how it is done. Does anyone have a suggestion????

I don't know for sure about your bike.

I have an R1100RT and some buddies have similar including an R1150RT, RS, R etc. We like to empty the tanks for winter. Need the gas for our snow blowers.

All I have been doing is taking the pressure hose off from the tank before the quick couplers, add a 1/4" hose connector and a length of hose long enough to reach a jerry-can, key on until pump cycles and the fuel pretty much runs empty in the tank.

Caution though, pay attention to when the jerry-can gets full otherwise you make a big, dangerous mess.

That's what I do and it works for me. I'm sure there are other suggestions. Some pretty smart solutions are shared here.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

dieselyoda

Hey thanks for the tip. I currently have the tank off the bike, I just put a new clutch on it and wanted to drain it since it sat so long. Maybe when I get it all back together I will do it that way.