• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi, new from NJ

Beastie
Hi, I'm Ben aka Beastie, the wife twisted my arm, forced me to evolve and move on from a Harley to a BMW. The 2010 H-D Super Glide was my first bike, ordered when I was deployed in Iraq. Rode it 25k miles before I drank the BMW Koolaid and got myself a K1600GTL. After some withdrawal symptoms, I've learned to really love my special K. Joined the NJ Shore BMW Riders chapter of MOA. Less than 6 months into BMW ownership, I've amassed 9.5k miles already with no slowing down before the heart of winter. See you folks around.

Hi, I'm Ben aka Beastie, the wife twisted my arm, forced me to evolve and move on from a Harley to a BMW. The 2010 H-D Super Glide was my first bike, ordered when I was deployed in Iraq. Rode it 25k miles before I drank the BMW Koolaid and got myself a K1600GTL. After some withdrawal symptoms, I've learned to really love my special K. Joined the NJ Shore BMW Riders chapter of MOA. Less than 6 months into BMW ownership, I've amassed 9.5k miles already with no slowing down before the heart of winter. See you folks around.

If ya ride that beast out to AZ, look me up and I'll point you in al of the wrong directions.

What exit :D Thank you for your service...Welcome to the forum.
Gary

Ben,

You'll find a lot of our club members ride right through the winter.. so you should be able to top 11,000 miles by Jan 1st.. :)

First order or business: Thanks for your service. It means a lot to a lot of folks on this forum. :usa

Then welcome to the forum. Glad to have you as a member. Like many Beemer owners, you love to ride. We enjoy ride reports that members post. It doesn't have to be anything special, we just like to hear about rides others took.

Getting hooked up with a local club is a great way to enjoy Beemer ownership. Good people to hang with.

How about a pic of that new ride??????:wave

Hi Ben, and welcome!

Thanks for your service! Hope to see you on the road someday.

Enjoy the ride and speed safely.

... the wife twisted my arm, forced me to evolve and move on from a Harley to a BMW. The 2010 H-D Super Glide was my first bike, ...

My wife also "twisted my arm" to get rid of my problem 2010 Road Glide. Wish I had listened to her years ago! Took delivery of my 2013 R1200RT on 9/24....after today's ride in the rain, I have 4,946 miles on the bike!

Time will tell how reliable the R1200RT will be but I am betting it will be way better than the Harleys I have owned. I know I am really enjoying the ride!

I was in the US Air Force for about 30 years. Just recently retired. Being mostly a reservist, I gave up 6 -7 years worth of weekends while serving so I see to it that I enjoy weekend rides on my Bimmer however short they may be. You're welcome to all.

Back