• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200cl Fuel Tank

joeylove

Man I put this in the search and found out just about everything except what I needed. I need to get the old fuel out of my tank and since is has a pump inside I am not sure how it is done. Does anyone have a suggestion????

I don't know for sure about your bike.

I have an R1100RT and some buddies have similar including an R1150RT, RS, R etc. We like to empty the tanks for winter. Need the gas for our snow blowers.

All I have been doing is taking the pressure hose off from the tank before the quick couplers, add a 1/4" hose connector and a length of hose long enough to reach a jerry-can, key on until pump cycles and the fuel pretty much runs empty in the tank.

Caution though, pay attention to when the jerry-can gets full otherwise you make a big, dangerous mess.

That's what I do and it works for me. I'm sure there are other suggestions. Some pretty smart solutions are shared here.

dieselyoda

Hey thanks for the tip. I currently have the tank off the bike, I just put a new clutch on it and wanted to drain it since it sat so long. Maybe when I get it all back together I will do it that way.

Back