• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member in Texas

xlarry

Larry
I am a new BMW owner having purchased my first BMW on September 24th. My bike is a 2013 R 1200RT.

I came off owning a Harley Electra Glide and most recently a Harley Road Glide. I put over 138,000 miles on the EG and then 62,000 on the Road Glide in the last 12 1/2 years. Mileage can't compare to what some of you guys ride on your bikes but not bad for an old guy who during that period survived cancer and heart problem amongst all the ailments of getting older.

I am loving this bike! I am amazed how stable it is in the wind compared to the Harleys and it handles extremely well! In the 38 days I have had it, I have put 4,498 miles on it.

Larry -

Welcome to the forum and BMWs. I trust you'll find people who share the same enthusiasm for the marque. Also, looks like you have some of the forum features figured out. If you have any questions, just ask!!

Larry -

If you have any questions, just ask!!

Thanks. I believe the only problem I am having is when I try to update my account information on the website it tells me "There is a duplicate account with the same first and last name, it will be fixed in one week."

Other than that I think I am good to go!

Larry -

Interesting enough, there is just that situation...who'd a thunk it! If it hasn't cleared up in that time period, let me know or call the office to see what's going on.

Welcome aboard

Larry,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a little NE of you in eastern Oklahoma. If you ever make it up this way look me up.

OkieGman

Back