• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

96 k1100lt ABS

leftturn

After first start up my abs lights blinked left then right and back and forth. After yelling I stopped. Turned the bike off and there was no problem. I wouldnt be surprised if that is a warning that my transmission is low..lol but really..what was that?

After first start up my abs lights blinked left then right and back and forth. After yelling I stopped. Turned the bike off and there was no problem. I wouldnt be surprised if that is a warning that my transmission is low..lol but really..what was that?
I didnt do a description of the prob..if an admin could take care of it cool..should read K1100LT ABS

I assume the yelling was a simply a reaction to something new....After you stopped and turned the bike OFF and there was no probem (what does this mean?) ....did you restart it and if so, what did the lights do? Did they behave 'normally', as you expected them to? I don't recall what version ABS the '96 has, nor what you would expect upon start up followed by normal riding. But for most of our systems, ABS lights on and or flashing means that the ABS is not functioning at that time.

I assume the yelling was a simply a reaction to something new....After you stopped and turned the bike OFF and there was no probem (what does this mean?) ....did you restart it and if so, what did the lights do? Did they behave 'normally', as you expected them to? I don't recall what version ABS the '96 has, nor what you would expect upon start up followed by normal riding. But for most of our systems, ABS lights on and or flashing means that the ABS is not functioning at that time.

Normally I have 2 lights blinking until I roll..then they go off..this time they blinked left then right then left alternately..I stopped and restarted and they were good..I did wire in 2 speakers..could that do it?

Back