• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Glarus 2014

MANICMECHANIC

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW
Yes, folks, it's time to think of what to do during the season of poor riding. I realize there are some intrepid individuals who will ride in just about any weather condition, but then there are some who suffer from PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome). So this event is an attempt to remedy some of the symptoms of that malady. The place is the same as always, the Chalet Landhaus in New Glarus, Wisconsin. Look it up. The dates are January 24, 25, 26. There is a heated indoor pool and a hot tub, and a fireplace in the lobby where we usually congregate/hang out. The usual activities are planned, and if you haven't been there before, we won't tell you what that entails. One word of warning - those wild women of the knitters guild will also be there, so be prepared.

Mike, you'd be most welcome to hang out with us. Just like at a rally, we bring stuff to share while in the lobby by the fireplace. Sometimes Roy even brings his friend Don along.:D

Sounds like fun.

I have it marked down. Hope to make it this year. Also hoping to trailer a couple bikes down to the SW (warmer weather) for a couple of weeks (4?????) Stay tuned. (get it???) :nyah

not bad

It would be good to see you there, Cardinal! How are those /5's running?

Funny you should ask. I just replaced the choke lever on the 73 Toaster last week. I went through it in the spring and have been riding it a lot over the summer. Lever broke the night before I was packing for a weekender at Boscoville for the TWALD gathering. Ended up taking my R1200GSA. Was kinda bummed out about it since it is a vintage gathering. The 4 hour ride home in the rain changed my mind. ;)

I just rolled out the 70 with hack yesterday. Was loading it up to have some sidecar work done at Kurt L. First time I started it since last summer. It started but needs a little tuning. Will be going through that one when I get it back from Kurt with the sidecar reattached the right way. May have to have a tech session on carbs. :) Will probably buy the Bing rebuild kit. I hear they have a good video on carb rebuilds. I may replace the carbs too. I hear the early carbs are not as good on the /5. May opt for a carb upgrade if it makes sense. :brow

Just a bump, got about 14 folks who say they'll be there. Anybody else?

My trip to the SW prevents me from making it. Loading the trailer and taking off for 6 weeks to sunny S CA. :dance Was thinking of the Death Valley Rendezvous also but have to pick up the wife from the airport that weekend so that is out. I may do a ride out there anyway. I have had enough of this winter. So much for global warming. You guys enjoy. Will be thinking of you guys shivering in your garages getting the bikes ready for spring. :p May see you in Pecatonica if I do not head down to S Carolina. Retirement is good. :drink

Uh -oh

:dance

:lol

Dale, I didn't get a room yet, didjou?

Sad news...I will be out of town all week, and lucky to get home by Friday evening. You all are going to have to keep the flame going on your own in 2014, Roy.

Will miss the family, fun and frivolity, but reality is, I'm not going to be up to it this year...

:(

Sad news...I will be out of town all week, and lucky to get home by Friday evening. You all are going to have to keep the flame going on your own in 2014, Roy.

Will miss the family, fun and frivolity, but reality is, I'm not going to be up to it this year...

:(
Sorry about that Dale.
My wife stalled a bit, and when I called today, they have no rooms. I guess she nor I will be attending.
You guys have fun.

Greetings! I'll be heading that way tomorrow, hope to be there in time for lunch. I just made dinner reservations for the 15 or so folks who said they'll be there in time for dinner. 7pm at the Hotel New Glarus.

Remember to bring your swimsuits for the hot tub and indoor pool, and watch out for those crazy ladies with the knotting needles! See everybody tomorrow!

Back