• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Brown side stand install info

donmitt

I have searched as best I can for information about using an engine guard (frame) clamp for the front mount of the brown side stand that I have seen on here before but now that I need that information, I can't find it. Does any one remember this or is it just another one of my old man hallucinations. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Don Mitchell

I think I posted it some time ago but I can't find it either. :scratch
Oh well, here is what it looks like installed.

Browns Frame Clamp.jpg

Order these two parts from Motobins in the UK.
95631 lower half kinked black clamp for twins
95633 lower half u shaped black clamp for twins

You'll need a bolt, nut and lock washer as well.

I used a longer bolt and a spacer between the Brown stand (with exhaust pipe strap) and the GS frame bracket to better align everything. These clamps are also the hot tip for mounting /7 style dual horns on an earlier bike that had only the central horn mount.

Thanks Happy,
That's what I was looking for. I had wrote the part # down so that I could go get them but time passed till I wanted to do the job and then I couldn't find your post to see just how it worked for you.
Also I thank you other folks that took the time to answer my question.
Don

Yes. Good solution. I made mine out of a piece of 1" steel from Home Depot. Wasn't hard to drill the holes. I didn't use a longer threaded rod, I just backed off the right side nut a few turns to give me the additional length on the left side. Sprayed it with black semi gloss rustoleum before install. Only thing is that pictures show faired bike so metal bar installs straight. On my /6, the front mounting bolt is not aligned with the rear, so you have to bend the bar slightly. Hard to explain, but easy to see if you are using this mod for a Brown on the older bikes.

Regards,

Barron

P.S. For Kurt, this thread is a good compilation of Brown install tips.

Back