• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Just to say hi!

hlothery

Just thought I'd check in with the forum where I spent a lot of time in the past, when I rode a 2005 R12RT. How are you guys and gals doing? I still have my Goldwing, and still love it. I have been fully retired for almost two years now, and spending a lot of time having fun. I have become a USGA Rules official, and play or officiate golf most of the time. Most of the rest is spent on the Wing, enjoying the Texas Hill Country and other places. Anyway, just a quick hello. Still a soft spot in my heart for a Beemer. Hope you are all doing well.

Hugh

Just thought I'd check in with the forum where I spent a lot of time in the past, when I rode a 2005 R12RT. How are you guys and gals doing? I still have my Goldwing, and still love it. I have been fully retired for almost two years now, and spending a lot of time having fun. I have become a USGA Rules official, and play or officiate golf most of the time. Most of the rest is spent on the Wing, enjoying the Texas Hill Country and other places. Anyway, just a quick hello. Still a soft spot in my heart for a Beemer. Hope you are all doing well.

Hugh
Hi right back. You inspired this-
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?69856-quot-Is-Work-Getting-In-The-Way-quot
Hope your still enjoying the endless days off.
Gary

Thanks, Gary. I am indeed. If one has the means and has not retired, they are missing out. Never thought life would be this good. I actually don't have enough time to regularly follow the several chat boards I used to visit daily when I was working. How crazy is that?!? But I do think often, and fondly, of the associations I had on this board. From meeting oldhway to the conversations with many of you, it was a lot of fun. I remember riding north out of Big Bend several years ago and seeing a blond lady dressed in red walking back from her mailbox. A quick look to the left revealed several BMW bikes parked near the house (one of them red!) and I knew immediately that it was Voni. I didn't stop (did honk), but would never have had any connection to that event without this forum. Many fond memories. Many new ones being made daily. Wishing you all health and happiness. I'll try to check in from time to time.

Hugh

Good to hear from you Hugh. I retired a few months before you did and my wife and I have been riding our bikes more than ever. Not a bad gig if you can get it. Thanks for checking in.

Last edited:
So glad you checked in and bought us up to date. Nice to hear you are still enjoying the Wing.

Isn't it funny how, when you are retired, time gets away so quickly. I second your thoughts about retirement. Best thing I ever did as well.

Stay in touch. There are many old pharts here as well as many new members. :wave

Back