• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RIP Lou Reed...Rock and Roll Animal...

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Lou Reed rose to fame as the lead singer of the Velvet Underground back in the early '70s. His passing at age 71 is yet another piece of the Rock and Roll puzzle gone missing. I'm sure he is enjoying his "Walk on the Wild Side" and doing it his way even on the other side.
Here is Sweet Jane live with the intro you don't get to hear much.

OM

Great Steve Hunter intro on that . . . .
What do you say about an icon

Fly Into The Sun

From Laurie

(Appearing in the East Hampton Star)

To our neighbors:

What a beautiful fall! Everything shimmering and golden and all that incredible soft light. Water surrounding us.

Lou and I have spent a lot of time here in the past few years, and even though we're city people this is our spiritual home.

Last week I promised Lou to get him out of the hospital and come home to Springs. And we made it!

Lou was a tai chi master and spent his last days here being happy and dazzled by the beauty and power and softness of nature. He died on Sunday morning looking at the trees and doing the famous 21 form of tai chi with just his musician hands moving through the air.

Lou was a prince and a fighter and I know his songs of the pain and beauty in the world will fill many people with the incredible joy he felt for life. Long live the beauty that comes down and through and onto all of us.

- Laurie Anderson

his loving wife and eternal friend

Very Cool :thumb Somehow I don't think the realization of the passing of the 'Beib at 71 will stir this kind of emotion.
OM

One of the things that has been very cool is that PBS has been running some specials that PBS had done in the past.
OM

Every time I hear "Take a walk on the Wild Side" I remember Todd S---- standing on top of the lockers after a game in 1975 singing in his jock when Coach Nierste came in behind and watched the whole performance. I think he had to run some "suicides" the next practice. Still cracks me up though!

Patti Smith inducts Lou Reed into the 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
It's about time.

OM

Full show on HBO May 30th.

Back