• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GSA and new sidestand:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
I bit the bullet after 5 + years on this GSA and got the adjusting sidestand by AKS Engineering. Not used it much yet, but seems a HUGE improvement over the stock unit. Pricey, YES at 350$ but heck, my GSA was too! I'm not on a cheap bike and additions made, seem right in line. I'm not always happy about what I pay, but functionality sometimes just outweighs my wallet in the end. Anybody using this, chime in, give some thoughts? Mine is just new to me, but the quality is there and the three click length adjust is too cool and works nice for me so far. EVEN my Daughters newest GS1200'14 model with all its glory, the sidestand is poorly made. They built the foot tab for its sidestand, right were you shift with your foot:(. I imagine she has a change in order for her latest GS sidestand, BMWs latest release. All said, she loves that bike, under a 1000 miles still. Randy

Randy - be interested in how this works out for you.. I have a lowered suspension on my R12R - and that makes the sidestand sit the bike more upright. Typically not a problem (sometimes an advantage) except if pulled over on a crowned road - the sidestand is then unusable. I'd seen the adjustable one and thought that might be just the ticket, but the $$ put me off a bit. Christmas is coming in not too long and SWMBO always wants a gift suggestion, so..

Let us know how it works after some use..

BTW - their throttle lock looks interesting - so I made an inquiry about the use of the sidestand and the throttle-lock on the R1200R. Apparently they can make a custom sidestand.. Will let everyone know what I hear back.

ALL great:)

The NEW side stand on my GSA'07 is the right choice:). Its same length as stock stand when its retracted, but gives much satisfaction when I stop and need more side stand length:). That's neat they make custom lengths, had not heard that yet. They are a pain to put on bike, but not anything to do with product, its the frame of the BMW that's tight fit. The stock stand comes off with zero tolerances in that bushing! Patience... The new stand goes on easy. The price too, was my big bite when I first saw these a whole back. Ouch! I think I did good buying this product and like it a lot. I would indeed be first all over this product, IF it were to fail and not hold up for what I paid. It does not appear to be made with shortfalls, no pun intended and is visually appealing and robust:). This GSA gets used tough at times, all about offroad and the AKS stand will see some grit! I'm glad so far to have it on my bike:). Randy

Back