• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

We made The Paper!!!...We made The Paper!!!

TheSlashFiveTourer

Original 1973 LWB R75/5
Well...it must be official...there is a BMW Rally in Lima, Ohio this weekend! Who knew?? According to The Lima News, MOA buffs are all over the place ready to spend a million Yankee dollars. Hampton Inn is full :clap ...Super 8's are full :clap ...Motel Six is full (of course!!) :clap ...Day's Inn is full :clap ... EconoLodge is full :clap ...Comfort Inn is full (what??) :brow and soon the campground will be full (if it's not already and the joint ain't even open yet!)

Good luck and a good rally to all you folk down there in Lima - ENJOY YOURSELVES (Please!!) - and have a beer or two for us "Left-Behinds" out here in the boonies. :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :thumb

Last edited:
fromthearticle said:
Manke said the rally is like a big family reunion. It is open only to club members. Those who attend the rally will be entertained by bands on a stage, visit vendors, take some BMW factory demonstration rides and attend seminars.
Manke said the organizers have set up the fairgrounds with street names so the rally feels like its own town, called Beemerville

Hope that's a misquote as I thought MOA rallies were always open to all.

Think of it this way...

Members and sponsored guests. Suppose me and 10 others sponsored Angels or Outlaws to make themselves welcome? How'd ya like that? If it were open to the public, those cats might decide to make a show of force. That's how they operate. Who needs it?

Who is this Manke Character?

I guess hyphenated names are confusing to some folks.
Harrumph

FYI --- for local news during the event, it is very important to make it clear to the general public that this is not the place to come and wander through the fairgrounds to look at the bikes and maybe put the kiddies on them.

It is simplest to state it clearly.

This place is packed, you guys. Wednesday night and there have to be 1500 people here.

Yikes!

How packed is packed?? I [lanned on camping at the site?
Jim

The rally also made the radio this morning in Columbus. It was mentioned on our big 50,000-watt Clear Channel station. ;)

Mike_In_Lima said:
610 Bob Conners??
Yep. My wife mentioned it to me ...

BTW, I had a great time at the rally. Kudos to all who were involved and worked so hard. You made it great for the rest of us. :thumb

MarkF said:
Hope that's a misquote as I thought MOA rallies were always open to all.

From the Rally FAQ:

Do I have to be a member of the BMW MOA to attend?
This rally is open to all BMW riders and their guests. You will not be asked for a BMW membership card when you arrive at registration. No one is prohibited from the site if they pay the entry fee.

Back