Thread: How many sold

Jeff Wilson life member

How many sold

I was talking to the dealer in las Vegas yesterday and he was saying they had only sold 4 scooters till this time with a population of 2 million. My dealer will not tell me how many they have sold. Any ideas for your areas?
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    scooters will never be big in the US, there is a stigma associated with them, irregardless of the function. My bet is they sell very well in Europe and other parts of the world where scooters are every day transportation.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

I was not able to find a US total for you but sales appear to be running behind world wide scooter sales for BMW Motorrad on a percentage basis.

World wide YTD BMW Motorrad has sold 93,154 units of which 7210 (7.7%) were scooters. BMW US first mentioned their scooter models in a July sales release but only said demand was out stripping supply. In August they reported selling 77 (6.5% of total sales for the month) and 64 (6.7) Scooters are a niche segment of BMW Motorrad production and in turn maxi scooters are a niche in the scooter segment of PTWs. FWIW the S 1000 RR is a niche bike in BMW Motorrad production sold in a niche of the MC market. They have stuck with and spent a bunch of money on the S which appears to be selling at about the same rate.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

BMW Group U.S. "Maxi scooter sales rose by 73 percent in October with 57 units compared to 33 last year."
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune