Thread: Bike Cover for GSA

Bike Cover for GSA

I just got a Dowco Motorsports cover (51614-00) for my 2010. It retails for $106.99 but I got mine on Amazon for around $75. I have the Wunderlich Vario Screen in the full up position with the BMW 'ammo can' panniers and it fits well. I don't have a top case. Limited lifetime warranty. Recommend. I have no affiliation with Dowco Motorsports.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rogers View Post
    I just got a Dowco Motorsports cover (51614-00) for my 2010. It retails for $106.99 but I got mine on Amazon for around $75. I have the Wunderlich Vario Screen in the full up position with the BMW 'ammo can' panniers and it fits well. I don't have a top case. Limited lifetime warranty. Recommend. I have no affiliation with Dowco Motorsports.
    How small (or large) a bundle is this cover when folded for stowing?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

GSA Cover

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Paul,

I will pull it off and stow it in its included zipper bag later in the week and then report back. The included zippered stow pouch is ~17"x16" and the cover is fairly heavy and made more for storage than as a travel cover. I envision it will be like a short pillow. I bought it as a winter season cover. From their website "In exchange for its premium protection, this cover doesn?t really pack well for travel unless you want to dedicate an entire saddlebag ? which actually, is something many loyal customers do." They make a lighter weight one more designed for travel that I may purchase depending on how this packs under my tent.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va

Thanks, Jim.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Packed Dowco Motorsports Cover Size

Paul,

Sorry for the delay, but here is the info. Somewhat haphazardly folded and placed in the provided pouch, the cover-in-pouch size (depth) is ~6" without all the air removed. It will compress down to ~3". If I did a better job of folding, it might be a tad better but I think the way I did it would be more akin to what one would do on the road.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va

Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Comes in a box , with the cover(I never use it I wad mine in a pile) that's guestimate 3.5" x 16" x 12"-amazon description will say I think as typical to do so. The mice crawled under mine on bike & ate a bunch of the soft material underneath in the WS area. Outside is OK.
    Might be (almost) like trying to get an air mattress into the original box
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.