• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Nolan N104 vs N103

Texpaul

Lost again
Anyone out there migrate from a Nolan N103 to a N104? I'd link to hear your thoughts on the comparison between the two.

You modern guys! I just went from an N102 to N103 this summer. The advantage of course is the N103 cost me $150 with free shipping from Motorcycle Superstore to the Iron Butt Rally hotel in Sacramento.

I'd already used up/ worn out my N102 and spare N102, so when the shield broke I duct taped it until I got to Sacramento and replaced the old with the new.

Disclaimer: I have not owned an N103 and cannot answer your specific questioni. I have an N102, which is excellent, and a new N104, which is quadruple excellent. N104 is quieter. Looks better. I like the interior sun shield versus the old exterior one. The N102 has problems with the rubber gasket coming loose frequently, which is probably due to age. The N104 has a much smaller release for the chin bar, requires more dexterity to use, particularly with gloved hands. My N104 suffered a total failure of the release button. No way no how would the chin bar come up. Required a return to their US service depot. Bad news- they did not offer to pay shipping. Good news- they repaired and re-shipped the same day they recieved the helmet.
Anyone out there migrate from a Nolan N103 to a N104? I'd link to hear your thoughts on the comparison between the two.

I too went from a n102 to a n104 at the beginning of this year.

It truly is a generation better than the n102, and I am pleased with the purchase.

My only nit pic complaint is that the visor will not stay cracked open for me when I am faster than 35 mph. My old n102 would pretty much stay up in any position, this new helmet.. not so. I haven't figured out how to adjust the tension on the position detents (if that is even possible?) yet either.

I have a Nolan N103 in Hong Kong and my new N104 is in Colorado. Huge improvements in the N104 for airflow in hot conditions and there is no rubber seal to become unglued on the side. The N104 has a spring loaded sun visor which now requires pushing a button for it to snap up into the helmet. I am wondering what will happen when this breaks but it is working well now. For me they fit the same and for my head shape the Nolan seems to be the best.

One negative to the increased airflow in the N104 is the increased water flow if it is raining. If the vents are open I get a lot more water coming inside the helmet when it starts to rain. Closing the top vents does stop it though. Hope this helps!!

Back