• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

So, which Gerbing jacket plug to use...?

AjaxTheDog

It has been so long since I used this jacket I can't remember which I plug into, is it the white or the black one?

I assume the female "out" plug is for pants or some such thing. Gerbing web site is useless, no support to speak of.

IMG_7512.jpg

Went rootin' around for the packaging- just to confirm-
How to use controller......
With the bike running, plug output cord into the longest cord from garment (with white sleeve), then plug input cord into battery harness (red sleeve).

Adjust power by turning knob clockwise to increase heat. Turn knob counterclockwise to lower heat or turn off unit. The knob clicks when turned to the "off" position. A dual controller has two knobs to control separate circuits, (i.e. gloves separate from jacket).

OM

Went rootin' around for the packaging- just to confirm-
How to use controller......
With the bike running, plug output cord into the longest cord from garment (with white sleeve), then plug input cord into battery harness (red sleeve).

Adjust power by turning knob clockwise to increase heat. Turn knob counterclockwise to lower heat or turn off unit. The knob clicks when turned to the "off" position. A dual controller has two knobs to control separate circuits, (i.e. gloves separate from jacket).

OM

If using a dual controller connecting the second cord to the black plug on the jacket or vest will control pants connected to the jacket or vest.

Yup did the same thing today because I've got my first low 40s ride of fall tomorrow morning. Old Gerbings jacket with a new style WarmNSafe Remote Dual Controller.
The second knob also runs the gloves if you connect them to the built in sleeve connectors. I've never needed heated pants or boot soles in temps don to the low 20s, as cold as it gets here.

Back