• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

MOA Hat

John M

Ok, so nothing major here, but I kept looking for a good spot for the MOA patch that comes with a membership. Today I found a great patagonia hat - very comfortable, clip / adjustable sizing, and very lightweight.

I took off the Patagonia Ironworks patch and replaced it with the MOA patch - came out great. Maybe MOA should consider this hat as an option.
moa.jpg

You mean they don't already have a hat?

Your "sew to a hat" beats my option of using sewing glue to attach it to my codura nylon Klim Jacket. It (the patch) is somewhere in a ditch between Havre and Kalispell MT if anyone wants to go look for it.

What patch? I received nothing when I renewed, except a new card..they said they'd send a sticker, at least, but no dice. Oh, well, I still have the old logos and patches...

....for big heads

You mean they don't already have a hat?

Your "sew to a hat" beats my option of using sewing glue to attach it to my codura nylon Klim Jacket. It (the patch) is somewhere in a ditch between Havre and Kalispell MT if anyone wants to go look for it.

My head is around a 7 5/8 size, so typical baseball caps look like kids hats. I also like to have quick adjustment - loose for just hanging around, tight when I'm on a boat. The patagonia has a very nice plastic clip with a strap tightener. I'm headed to Africa this week - will be interesting to see if anyone there recognizes MOA. Hardly anyone does in West Michigan.

What patch? I received nothing when I renewed, except a new card..they said they'd send a sticker, at least, but no dice. Oh, well, I still have the old logos and patches...

Patch and sticker going out to you today! If you don't see it soon, PM me or email and I will check into it.

Ted

MOA Hat;

I bought one in Salem this year and already nearly destroyed it:(. Fit is nice, color I like in grey, but dirt is attracted to it big time:(. My GSA life and my camping all the time, the hat is so dirty, just got ugly! Of course some in GSA world would consider this a positive:). Me, I like my hat relatively clean looking. I don't know if anything is possible to keep hats decent looking, but its an idea interesting to me. I found washing hats usually kills them. Somebody needs to make a washable hat OR one that repells dirt better:). Randy

Back