• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600 GTL in Lovelock, Nevada

Z

ztomm@yahoo.com

Hi, Thanks for the GREAT CLUB! I'm a motorcycle enthusiast, mechanic and custom bike builder out here in the middle of nowhere, with long stretches of nice desert freeway to run the bikes like they're supposed to be run. I have over 40 years of riding and racing experience, a complete shop and mostly do hobby work and customs for friends. I'm currently restoring a crashed K48/K1600 GTL and am always looking for K1600 parts like I currently need a MAIN FRAME WITH A GOOD TITLE OR SALVAGE TITLE, AND LOTS OF PARTS, RADIATOR, PLASTICS, FRONT WHEEL, DUOLEVER GOODIES, etc... If you need any K1600 parts, I'll probably have quite a few after this rebuild, but I like the design of the K1600's so much that I'll keep the first one and probably build more. Stay in touch and let me know what you have cash or trade. Who has opinions on the differences between the K1600GT and the GTL. Does 6 inches really make a difference??? Is the GT a better canyon carver/handler? Is the GTL smoother, better over bumps, with two up, etc...? Where do they put the additional 6 inches, in the rear for the passenger? Which parts are unique to the GTL or GT? Hope to chat with you K1600 riders soon! Keep it in the Wind! THANKS!!!

Welcome to the club and forum! The K1600 has been getting quite the reviews lately...very popular bike! Sounds like you have some projects on your hands.

Be sure and read the Posting Guidelines regarding buying/selling/trading on the forum. This is something that is not allowed however, you're welcome to use the Flea Market link at the top of the page to do this sort of thing.

Hope things work out of you. Be sure and drop down to the K1600 forum area and post some of your technical or general questions. Enjoy!!

Hi, Thanks for the GREAT CLUB! I'm a motorcycle enthusiast, mechanic and custom bike builder out here in the middle of nowhere, with long stretches of nice desert freeway to run the bikes like they're supposed to be run. I have over 40 years of riding and racing experience, a complete shop and mostly do hobby work and customs for friends. I'm currently restoring a crashed K48/K1600 GTL and am always looking for K1600 parts like I currently need a MAIN FRAME WITH A GOOD TITLE OR SALVAGE TITLE, AND LOTS OF PARTS, RADIATOR, PLASTICS, FRONT WHEEL, DUOLEVER GOODIES, etc... If you need any K1600 parts, I'll probably have quite a few after this rebuild, but I like the design of the K1600's so much that I'll keep the first one and probably build more. Stay in touch and let me know what you have cash or trade. Who has opinions on the differences between the K1600GT and the GTL. Does 6 inches really make a difference??? Is the GT a better canyon carver/handler? Is the GTL smoother, better over bumps, with two up, etc...? Where do they put the additional 6 inches, in the rear for the passenger? Which parts are unique to the GTL or GT? Hope to chat with you K1600 riders soon! Keep it in the Wind! THANKS!!!

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you! GTL owner here. I've got a Z-tech windshield and set of original exhaust cans taken off at about 11k miles if those are any of the bits your missing.

Good luck,
Dave

Back