• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Alaskan BMW rider

cyberdoc

I have been a long time KLR650 guy but decided to get a BMW (GS1200R) this past summer when my riding buddy showed me how awesome his new bike was! So far I have been very happy with it and have had lots of good rides to my favorite fishing holes around the state. Now it's time to put it away for winter, so it's a sad time of year. I do have one concern though. My dealer here in Anchorage installed the new LED turn signals (I requested them when I bought the bike) and for some reason the warning signal/some form of error appears on the dash as soon as the blinkers are used. The warning light stays on until the bike is turned off, then comes back on as soon as the blinker is used again. And the blinkers seem to blink much faster than they should. I've taken it to the dealer twice and they have not been able to correct the problem. They hooked the bike up to their computer each time but it didn't help. They told me other customers have had the same problem and they are waiting for a "fix" from BMW. So, I was wondering if any other members of this forum have experience with this issue (and possibly a fix I can tell the dealer about)?

Welcome CyberDoc. As you might guess from my screen name, I have an attachment to AK as well. Used to live in Fairbanks, but now claim MT. If you are not already doing so, then I recommend you frequent the Alaska sub-forum of the Adventure Rider Forum (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68). It is largely frequented by Alaskan riders and many from the Anchorage area. A friendly and helpful bunch for the most part; a great way to meet other riders and get involved in some local activities. Another recommendation is to attend Dust 2 Dawson in Dawson City, Yukon Territory. This is an annual gathering held around summer solstace and is again a great way to meet riders. I'll be starting a sign-up thread over on the other forum in the next month or so and it will provide the details. Again, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum! Perfect bike for your area, I would think!

I also have a KLR but the GS is my go-to bike. Be sure to check out the GS Giants. Tell them the Queen sent you!

Welcome

Welcome from one newbie to another. If you ever head down to the Kenai peninsula, hit me up for a great ride around Skilak loop or the Swanson area. BTW we still have bit more time to put some more miles on. Enjoy the new bike. The D2D was my first this year and will be doing it again next!!

Back